Who's the smartest person you know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the smartest person you know?

I thought this would be an interesting question for you all.

Please avoid the "I look at him/her in the mirror every morning" joke, all else is kosher.

Re: Who's the smartest person you know?

Originally posted by VetLegion
    Please avoid the "I look at him/her in the mirror every morning" joke, all else is kosher.
    And you wonder that noone replies
    Blah

Comment

I was kind of hoping someone knows a Nobel laureate or something

Comment

I could name some Uni-Profs nobody here will know
        Blah

Comment

I could name some too, but how do you know if they are smart or not? I've never seen them solve a novel problem. They could be well trained chimps for all I know.

Comment

Ok, I assumed they were smart after I read stuff they wrote and after I saw them reacting to questions......

That's still not 100% proof that they aren't trained chimps of course
            Blah

Comment

Yeah, but consider: they're mostly old farts and they teach well known subjects. You're studying ballet, right? Anyway, it's the same on every University. These chi... guys had eons to learn their thing, so they may appear smart but I don't buy it.

Comment

Ballet?

History and stuff

Well, IMO the best of them are fully aware of the "I'm an old fart sitting here for 30 years or so" prob, and they are honest about it, and they handle criticism and other view points very well. That's IMO a sign of being smart. Only the dumbasses think "hey I'm da big Prof-man, yo!"
                Blah

Comment

I know a Nobel laureate, Bill Philips (well, sorta, I see him a couple times a year max and have talked to him a couple times)

and he is really really smart, don't know if he is the smartest person I know though...

Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Yo, I'm da big prof-man!
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Asher. From what he tells me he's really smart
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

MacGyver
                        CSPA

Comment

My best friend from college. He's currently working on his PhD in History at Brown. I may have met people who are smarter, but he's the smartest person I know. Second, although she'd dispute it, is my wife. Her intelligence is mostly routed in a different direction, though (math/comp sci, although when she took lib arts classes she more than held her own).

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Know personally? I'm definitely ranking high up there. Then there are 2 flatmates of mine who are quite clever and successful beings. Apart from these 2, I'd say I'd have to look real hard to find someone more clever than me.

My uni profs aren't all that clever

Edit: Well there were one or two in my year group in school. That was back then.

Comment

Second, although she'd dispute it, is my wife
                              Good awnser.

Even if she's a complete moron...

Good Awnser
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X