What do you think about San Francisco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pekka
    Yeah it turned into **** in few blocks. Unbelievable, I've never seen transformation happen THAT fast. Just unbelievable.
    That happens in many/most US big cities (see, e.g., Detroit). But keep in mind that most people in the US live in the suburbs or exurbs, which have a lot more money. Totally different way of organizing a city than what you're used to. And part of the reason why cities have found it so hard to keep their **** together is because the configuration of living has changed so quickly.

A lot of money is now being poured into some US cities for a variety of reasons. Interesting dynamics.
    Last edited by DanS; February 27, 2006, 12:21.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I hate city living in general.

California living compared to MidWest living?

California is great because of the varying people, cultures, ideas, etc. However, that also makes it suck. Oposites collide quite often, though when they mesh it is rather nice.

In Ohio the culture is one in the same. The biggest clashing I see is between catholics and baptist. Oh my!
      Monkey!!!

Comment

It's my favorite American big city as well. Great food, architecture, and I even like the weather. I'm not someone who particularly likes big cities though, I'd rather live in Monterey or Pacific Grove or elsewhere on the central California coast and visit there a few times a year.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

1.if you dont like the weather, walk two blocks
          2. best place to learn how to drive a clutch
          3. Where else can you have dim-sum for breakfast,walk about 3 blocks have Italian for lunch, Go to an Irish pub for a sip or two, and then have Thai for dinner !

4. BEST place for halloween
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

A great example of suppy and demand

Any place that is exceedingly expensive to live in is most likely a very desireable place. Hence, the high prices. San Francisco is a very good example of this.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
            X