This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave a list. I 2nd the motion.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I agree, however you run into the problem during the time when most are asleep, even with the 8 hour window jdd would have time yet to draft. I think we should try to find a time this weekend when the most of us could get on and do the draft. This is crazy.

Comment

• Yea, you can leave a list with the person who picks after you. I will do that once we get closer to my pick.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• This actually is better than when Mobius is involved.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• The first ovverall pick isn't all that its hyped up to be in a serpentine draft, waiting 5 days inbetween sucks.

Comment

• How do you think the guy with the last pick in the 1st round feels?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I'm drafting Eric Milton for JDD.

Comment

• Hell, I was going to give him Mark McGwire .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Actually last place has it better initially than 1st drafter.
                    I've been all over, and where I am now is fine by me.

Comment

• Well that depends. If A-Rod was still a SS, I'd rather pick first. Talk about owning a position!

Comment

• It all depends on what year it is. For example, in football a few years ago, Marshall Faulk was usually the best pick hands down, so it would be great to have the 1st pick. However, last year LaDainian Tomlinson and Shaun Alexander were both established touchdown machines, and Manning was an attractive quarterback option, so any of the top three picks were good.

It all depends on the year and the sport, and how many players are in the absolute highest tier.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• 12 and 13 vs. 1 and 24, and 1 is just 1 pick. May blow a knee out, tear a rotator cuff, get busted for something.

Comment

• Obviously, luck is going to throw enough of a monkeywrench in that it really doesn't matter that much.

For example, the year after Priest Holmes' 27 touchdown season, he was the consensus first pick in most drafts. He had a very good season going, but then got a season ending injury. Obviously, had he repeated the feat, the first pick would have presented an unfair and insurmountable advantage.

Baseball tends to be a little more consistent, though. However, I think the dropoff is fairly linear, so pick order doesn't matter as much here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              How do you think the guy with the last pick in the 1st round feels?
                              Like I do every year
                              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• So its been 12 hours, at what point do we pick for jdd? How do we decide what position to pick at? He needs relief pitching.

Comment

Working...
                                X