How do you completely remove Firefox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you completely remove Firefox?

My extensions are messed up and I'd like to take the easy route. Completely deleting the Firefox folder and reinstalling doesn't work.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Emptying the extension folder doesn't work?
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

No. The problem is it keeps saying "will be installed/uninstalled next time Firefox is restarted" and I can't actually do anything with any extensions anymore. It happened back in the 1.5 upgrade but I've been to busy to worry about it really.
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Errr, you have tried add/remove programs, have you not?
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Check this folder (replacing the stuff in italics with the correct info - I'm assuming you're on Windows) for some sub-folders that look to be empty. Remove them, then try loading up Firefox again.

C:\Documents and Settings\Windows Username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Firefox Profile Name\extensions

I'd also check the other sub-folders (that have stuff in them) as follows: Open up the install.rdf file and look for a line with the phrase "em:name". If it contains the name of an extension you've been trying to get rid of like this, trash the whole folder.

I had this very same problem when I upgraded to 1.5, and this resolved it. Tread lightly, though.
          CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
          Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Well, that worked in removing, but I still can't install new extensions.

Comment

Have you tried to clean out the system registry?
              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Yeah

Comment

Take a look here :

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Already did that and none of them refer to my problem.

Comment

How old are your extentions ? Maybe they are not compatible with 1.5.
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

That's not the issue at all. It's that any extension can't be installed or uninstalled.

Comment

You write 1.5, but is it that or 1.5.0.1 ? Not that I can say anything more in the latter, but 0.1 could solve it.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yeah, it's .01

Comment

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X