X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have sigs off. Please quote Rufus' sig for me someone

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
      I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States [...]

I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States [...]

Those are two of my favourites.

Hey look -- quoting the exact same phrase twice in one posting makes you look cool!!
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I have sigs off. Please quote Rufus' sig for me someone

"I think we are welcomed. But it was not a peaceful welcome."
        — President Bush on the reception of American forces in Iraq

EDIT: Dammit, don't post when I'm doing so.
        Last edited by alva; February 17, 2006, 13:24.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

ehhh... got caught in something else while posting
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

i kinda like www.dubyaspeak.com

be sure to check out the massive audio section.

this is one of my favourites that I've posted before at apolyton but anyway here it is again:

And so, in my State of the -- my State of the Union -- or state -- my speech to the -- nation, whatever you wanna call it, speech to the nation -- I asked Americans to give 4,000 years -- 4,000 hours over the next -- of the rest of your life -- of service to America. That's what I asked. I said 2 -- 4,000 hours.

-- The medicine seems to be wearing off, Bridgeport, Connecticut, Apr. 9, 2002

audio: http://www.dubyaspeak.com/audio/play...name=4000hours

Another sweet line:

There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once -- shame on -- shame on you. You fool me, you can't get fooled again.

-- Dubya attempting to co-opt Texas and Tennessee into his verbal wreckage. The saying he was trying to dredge up was "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Even better, Dubya was speaking at a literature magnet school. I'm sure it was a learning experience for the kids. East Literature Magnet School, Nashville, Tennessee, Sep. 17, 2002

audio: http://www.dubyaspeak.com/audio/play...ame=foolmeonce
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

PS: I forgot this classic:

Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better.

-- In press conference with Canadian PM, and apparently forgetting about the country wedged between Canada and Mexico, Washington, D.C., Sep. 24, 2001
              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                Hey look -- quoting the exact same phrase twice in one posting makes you look cool!!
                What?

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                  "I think we are welcomed. But it was not a peaceful welcome."
                  — President Bush on the reception of American forces in Iraq

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs

-- In press conference with Canadian PM, and apparently forgetting about the country wedged between Canada and Mexico, Washington, D.C., Sep. 24, 2001

No reason for him to remember all non-important countries in the world
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs

I dunno, that one could actually be fine. At first glance, I'd just take it as "Our border relations with both Canada and Mexico have never been better".
                        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                        X