Denmark über alles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by germanos

Yep. This is what I have understood from all the other reports as well.
    The issue was self-censorship.
    If you were able to read, and had read what I quoted, the issue was not self-censorship, but bodily fear of radical muslims, ie imposed censorship.
    http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoid
      But there´s a a (at least to me) clear difference between free speech and being offensive.
      There's a clear difference for every individual. The problem occurs when more than one individual is asked about the same instance and comes back with a different opinion.
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoid

And regarding satire, it only works as satire if it´s aimed at someone who is in majority or represents authority. And since muslims in Denmark isn´t in either of those positions it just comes across as rude and racist. Despite the fact that most of the drawings are not that racist at all.
        Ah, the only men can be sexist, whites racist idea. That never gets old.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thue

If you were able to read, and had read what I quoted, the issue was not self-censorship, but bodily fear of radical muslims, ie imposed censorship.
          Originally posted by Thue

Fact-checking myself, I can't find documentation for death threads. But Wikipedia says ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhamma...elf-censorship )

quote:

On 17 September 2005, the Danish newspaper Politiken ran an article under the headline "Dyb angst for kritik af islam"[9] ("Profound fear of criticism of Islam").

...snip...

The refusal of the first three artists to participate was seen as evidence of self-censorship and led to much debate in Denmark...

Now, what is wrong with my reading abilities?

*farts*
          "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikander

Ah, the only men can be sexist, whites racist idea. That never gets old.
            Jeez, people. Let go of that. I said I was wrong, ok?
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• nya nya. *points and laughs*
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

• I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• I reckon its a measure of social evolution how you react to a perceived insult.

I can take as many mama jokes as you want to throw my way. Perhaps buring down a KFC is the correct response for this too.

The whole thing was just a stage managed point. They knew what the result would be.

"Islam is a not a religion of peace"
                  "Yes it is"
                  "No, its not!"
                  "Yes it ******* is!!!! CRACK! If you ever say that again Ill break your arms too"

The division is only going to grow.....
                  The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

• Zoid, dude you got pwned..

Destroyer, no no no.. an individual that attacks you might do so because of different reasons. Even if the debate is about a religion, that attack might have nothing to do with it. Because if a person attacks you after heated debate or during it.. you know the debate can be about anything. So the other part might be just pissed off, period.

And furthermore, if someone attacks you like that, then you have to defend yourself and break their arms, in the name of Jebus.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• And then what happens? A slap turns into a bomb. Everyone get blown up.

But I'd do it in the name of Goldilocks and the Brotherhood of the Bears.

Jihad on The Three Billy Goats Gruff, The Three Little Unclean Pigs, and The Red Hooded Wolves.
                      The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pekka
                        Zoid, dude you got pwned..
                        No, YOU got pwned. I made the whole thing up. What´s the use of trolling if you don´t act like it´s Gods honest truth?

Comment

• Ban Zoid for being himself.

What a dick.

Comment

• Thank you! I do my best

Comment

Working...
                            X