Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falling Sand, Water, Salt and Oil. (fun)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way ahead of you.

Pockets of water won't do any good; they're merely an additional ablative layer. Have added spouts. Am now testing ~200 cycles at 5 times speed, 0 damage to walls as far as I can tell (unevenness on diagonals was already there, am judging by the vertical walls of outflow valve, which were designed smooth for this purpose)

Son of Old Faithful:
    Attached Files
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Son of Old Faithful in flameout
      Attached Files
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The protection provided is, of course, merely statistical in nature (if a large enough pocket of oil pushed close enough to a wall as a flameout approached the oil could reach the wall while still burning) but I believe that the design is well-enough balanced that such an occurence transpires less than once every thousand cycles, giving Son of Old Faithful a lifetime of at least on the order of 30 000 - 100 000 cycles, or, at 1X speed, 2.4-8 million seconds = ~1-3 months
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Note the deliberate dispersion of spouts. This allows the system to find its own dynamic equilibrium as far as incoming water supply is concerned (since spouts provide no additional water when surrounded by water)
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I had an awesome system goin on. Then I tried "???" and everything kind of got incinerated
            CSPA

Comment

Working...
            X