No announcement yet.

Get ready to be really pissed off......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

billion, a million million or 1000 million?
    I need a foot massage

Comment

Personally, I don't know why we would be giving subsidies at all. The fact that oil is at $10 or $60 is immaterial. Windfall profits taxes are equally moronic.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
        billion, a million million or 1000 million?
        1000 million. $1,000,000,000.

To compare the war in Iraq recently passed the $600 billion cost mark.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

What's going on? We've got a petroleum kleptocracy running our government, like the ones in Russia or Nigeria.
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

a billion isnt really a lot for a country like the USA
            I need a foot massage

Comment

No, not a huge amount but the point is they're letting the oil companies off from paying $7 billion in royalties for taking oil and gas off of publically owned land then the Bush administration wants to sell that same land to the oil companies for $1 billion. It would be in the public's interest to keep the land and force the companies to pay the royalties owed. That's the point.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The real point is that the whole scheme needs to be revisited sooner rather than later, but as this year is an election year I see little chance of it happening.
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

YOU SEE! THE GOVERNMENT CAN'T MANAGE LAND! WE NEED TO PRIVATIZE ALL GOVERNMENT OWNED LAND AT CHEAP PRICES SO THAT THIS NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN!

wrt oil - nya nya.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                    Personally, I don't know why we would be giving subsidies at all. The fact that oil is at $10 or $60 is immaterial. Windfall profits taxes are equally moronic.
                    Yeah, because only a moron would care how much they pay for gas and taxes.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Excuss me if I'm not pissed off about this $7b, because I've already gotten over all the other billions of dollars they have of ours. $7b aint ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                        Excuss me if I'm not pissed off about this $7b, because I've already gotten over all the other billions of dollars they have of ours. $7b aint ****.
                        $7 billion here, $7 billon there, and pretty soon you're talkin' real money.

Comment

Blood for Oil!!! Blood for Oil!!!!

uh...

sorry...wrong thread.
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

$7 billion here, $7 billon there, and pretty soon you're talkin' real money.
                            Yeah, but it was real money already.

Comment

Working...
                            X