No announcement yet.

Latin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecthelio per Minge ban-ato, threadus closebatur.

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
      Andra moi ennepe mousa, pollutropon hos malla polla... I can't believe I still remember this...
      Can you use that as lyrics with the Greek melody of Civ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclotron
        Are you sure it wouldn't be "Chirpus?"
        Biggus Chirpus?
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I have a very good friend in Rome named Biggus Chirpus.
          Lime roots and treachery!
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclotron
            I have a very good friend in Rome named Biggus Chirpus.
            Perhaps he knows my friend: Gleutius Maximus.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Shouldn't this thread be moved to Apolyton's Latin language forum?
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                Mingo moderatore omnes scriptores Apolytoniae magno cum timore vivent.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Its friggin impossible. I did write 5 pretty lines of a valentine using metrical liberties.

Comment

do post?

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                      If you want to talk about the problems of Latin... fine. But posting in another language... not allowed. We shall see how long this thread lasts...
                      Isn't there a Finnish language only thread which has always been allowed to go on?
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                        do post?
                        I have it around here somewhere. Brace yourselves for what might be the worst poem ever written [in flawed hendecasyllabics] I'll post tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                        X