Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another Danish freedom thread: why not sue officials and blackmailers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackCat

It depends. If it's rioting mobs that are burning down chatolic churces, then yes, but not when a newspaper publishes some drawings.
    What?

Seriously. Point to a law, or admit how silly you're being.

They can apologise for whatever they want. It doesn't violate anybody's rights.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

It can legally, of course. It would just be stupid and would make little sense.

It would be like me apologising if you cheated on your wife with her best friend.
      No, not quite. Problem is that the publication of the pics could end in the courts, and if gov gave an excuse, they suddently would be part of the case which they of course isn't.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

No, not quite. Problem is that the publication of the pics could end in the courts, and if gov gave an excuse, they suddently would be part of the case which they of course isn't.
        How different is that from riots burning catholic churches?
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

What?

Seriously. Point to a law, or admit how silly you're being.

They can apologise for whatever they want. It doesn't violate anybody's rights.
          As I said, I'm not a lawyer but are referring what is the governments view on this case - guess that they have some knowledge about the legal implications.

Btw. thanks for calling me kid - I'm actually old enough to be your father, though I might have spanked you for being rash about something that you apparently don't know about
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

In only ~30 posts, this thread has now achieved total incomprehensibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

How different is that from riots burning catholic churches?
              That is something you should know. If the parisian riots had damaged foreign property, the french government would probably issue an excuse, but I can't imgine that they make excuses on behalf of the french newspapers that has printed the drawings.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

That is something you should know. If the parisian riots had damaged foreign property, the french government would probably issue an excuse, but I can't imgine that they make excuses on behalf of the french newspapers that has printed the drawings.
                Indeed, but both cases would be about diplomacy, not about judiciray processes.

Please tell me of the judicial differences between an official apology for an offense made by a third party, and an official apology for damage of property made by a third party.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

What?

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Btw. thanks for calling me kid - I'm actually old enough to be your father, though I might have spanked you for being rash about something that you apparently don't know about
                    I called muxec a kid.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                      In only ~30 posts, this thread has now achieved total incomprehensibility.
                      Easy, winston, don't get a fit - here is a piccie that can calm you down while the grownups continue the discussion
                      Attached Files

Steven Weinberg

Comment

And France apologised for their own inability to restore order quickly, not for actions of rioters.
                        money sqrt evil;
                        My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Blackcat, you're the one without a clue here.

Seriously.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Who am I to argue..

Comment

Originally posted by muxec

And France apologised for their own inability to restore order quickly, not for actions of rioters.
                              As well they should have.

But they can apologise for anything they want.
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

This thread's in the ****ing twilight zone. Muxec's going on the ignore list for excessive silliness, and Blackcat's walking a fine line.
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X