Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another Danish freedom thread: why not sue officials and blackmailers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

No, it isn't true.
    What isn't true ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by muxec
      Don't you think that here apology of Denish official IS against the law?
      Wait a minute... Did I read that right??

Don't you think that here apology of Denish official IS against the law?
      An apology....against the law...hmm, let me think on that one.

Herr A: Oops, sorry I stepped on your toe.
      Cop: Hold it right there! Up against the wall! Spread your legs! You're going to jail, pal. Apologetic scum like you makes me sick! In Denmark we know what do to with your kind! You're not gonna see the blue sky for a long, long time. Saying you're sorry--God, what's next?! Table manners!?!

Comment

That apologising for something somebody else did would violate that other person's freedom of speech.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Did I miss something? I thought that official representatives of the newspaper did say something related to apologies.
          money sqrt evil;
          My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

It's not illegal for a politician to apologize about stuff being done in his country, dude.
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Did I miss something? I thought that official representatives of the newspaper did say something related to apologies.

So now the newspaper apologising for running the cartoons means that the people who drew the cartoons have had their rights violated?

Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

?

Could you please point me to the Danish law which you're talking about?
                Nope, I'm not a lawyer. Though, it has locally been pointed out that the government of course can't make excuses on behalf of what a private company may do.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Muxec, you're one weird ****er.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

Nope, I'm not a lawyer. Though, it has locally been pointed out that the government of course can't make excuses on behalf of what a private company may do.
                    It can legally, of course. It would just be stupid and would make little sense.

It would be like me apologising if you cheated on your wife with her best friend.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Die thread.
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

No. I think it's important to expose those among us who have a fragile grasp of legal principles so they can be properly treated.
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Democratic system of law is system where absolutely everything can be proved in court given good lawyer and enough money.

So... Newspaper apologisers can be guilty of insulting personal or collective pride of people of Denmark who did see the cartoons by saying publically that their readers read bad material.
                          money sqrt evil;
                          My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

/me is unsure of how many threads we need on this topic ...
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                              It's not illegal for a politician to apologize about stuff being done in his country, dude.
                              It depends. If it's rioting mobs that are burning down chatolic churces, then yes, but not when a newspaper publishes some drawings.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Than why don't Danish people demand enforcement of this law?

Please note, that I'm speaking seriously.
                                I'm speaking seriously too. Ask BlackCat and Winston. Denmark has gone hostile towards immigration and instated some of the harshest anti-immigrant laws in Europe. It's not as rosy for immigrants as it used to be.

I don't know if it's related, but I didn't see any Danish Muslims on TV throwing fits and burning stuff either.

Comment

Working...
                                X