• Show
Clear All

OK then...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
      How can you people still care about this?
      You don't care if the WH is violating the law in order to further a political agends?
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

No wonder the US ended up with an idiot as President twice in a row. Nobody cares.
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You don't care if the WH is violating the law in order to further a political agends?

No, not really. I may have cared at one point, but that was several years and innumerable breathless revelations ago...
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

so as long as they can avoid things being proven for a while nothing they do matters?
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Or do you just hate them so much now that this doesn't make a difference?
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Correct on both counts
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

A question out there to governmental scholars, since classification procedure and authority to actually classify docs is set out by executive order specifically executive order 13292 issued G W Bush Mar 25 2003, can the President break laws with respect to leaking/declassifying information since he is the ultimate authority to classify docs in the first place?
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

My guess is no, since otherwise this puts him at an unfair advantage.

EDIT: said yes, meant no. my reasoning should make that clear
                    Last edited by KrazyHorse; February 10, 2006, 01:27.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

No, he can't. The President is not above the law, even if he is the one who sets the law (Hell, it's easy enough to issue another exec order anyway). The policy against assasination was set by executive order, but if a President ordered assasination without removing the executive order (at least in that specific case), he'd be violating US law.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

so as long as they can avoid things being proven for a while nothing they do matters?

If they did something illegal, then they should be punished; whether I care about the case anymore or not doesn't change that. That being said, I simply cannot muster up any more interest in a case that was beaten into the ground years before anything may be (potentially) proven. I guess that makes me a bad person or something...
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

*cough*Whitewater*cough*
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

If they did something illegal, then they should be punished; whether I care about the case anymore or not doesn't change that. That being said, I simply cannot muster up any more interest in a case that was beaten into the ground years before anything may be (potentially) proven. I guess that makes me a bad person or something...
                            That's cause you dismiss the actual illegal/cover up part of it and attribute the whole case to 100% partisan politics

Well that and every other monemental f up this administration has done
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

*cough*Whitewater*cough*

That's what this whole Plame matter has turned into...
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Except that people were harmed before the investigation in the Plame case, not after as in the Whitewater case.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X