Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Bush crony who lied about his qualifications on his resume resigns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Q Cubed
    Not to mention the "spark of life", or the soul that resides in each and every dinosaur, that makes them gosh-darned unique. Like snowflakes. (Or do dinosaurs not have souls?)
    A Zippo.

Comment

The problem is that the religionistas intentionally mix up the layman and the scientific definition of "theory", thats why they go around and attach the word "theory" to everything they attack. It's all about misleading the public.

Comment

Flatulence tends to be mostly methane.
        It's mostly CO2, actually.

Comment

Odin: beat you to the punch about the theory/theory thing.

And CO2, CH4... How do you know God's flatulence isn't mostly methane?
          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle

Where exactly does he go on about this? His beef is that he's saying he was "muzzled" for his views on climate change. His papers weren't amended. The kid who resigned worked on press releases and asked some web designer to add the word "theory" to instances of "Big Bang". Guess what, until we actually see the Big Bang it is still a theory, Washington Post journalistic IQ or not.
            well "muzzled" or "censored" or "watered down" or whatever you like it, I'd say that it amounts to changing the context thus ammending, and I believe that comment from Hansen that Deutch is just a "bit player" should make you think that there is a bigger fish to fry in this whole game,

so just to repeat some of the complaints

In fact, the NYT article makes this clear, stating "[Hansen] and intermediaries in the agency’s 350-member public-affairs staff said the warnings [of "dire consequences" if they talked about global warming] came from White House appointees in NASA headquarters"

or

The Big Bang is “not proven fact; it is opinion,” Mr. Deutsch wrote, adding, “It is not NASA’s place, nor should it be to make a declaration such as this about the existence of the universe that discounts intelligent design by a creator.”
            “This is more than a science issue, it is a religious issue. And I would hate to think that young people would only be getting one-half of this debate from NASA. That would mean we had failed to properly educate the very people who rely on us for factual information the most.”

amongst other things last time that I checked NASA was not a church to raise points about religious issues. I assume that you would accept that this amounts to "ammending", which should be no business of admin appointed PR person.

or this

Besides the question over NASA's description of the Big Bang, climate scientists and those who write about their work at NASA said reports on global warming were "constantly watered down" to minimize the connection to the burning of fossil fuels and other human-made pollution.
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Odin: beat you to the punch about the theory/theory thing.

And CO2, CH4... How do you know God's flatulence isn't mostly methane?
              CH4 would probably be a better building block, as you can build hydrocarbons from it. Thus, it's probably more safe to say that God farted methane. Who says God has to fart the same material humans do?
              "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
              "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
              Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                "High ranking" NASA official?
                Let's face it. Political appointees run most government agencies and most of then no **** all about the jobs they're supposed to be doing. Their jobs are to be loyal political toadies not to be good scientists or skilled administrators.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
                  Writer and editor...

****, better check the copyboy's credentials and maybe that girl who makes the coffee!
                  To my understanding those people do not make policy decisions nor do they control key access points for information. Though I must commend you for another good attempt to deflect attention away from yet another example of Bush placing unqualified cronies into government positions.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                  X