No announcement yet.

Fantasy Baseball Sign Up Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm. I'm fine with the 14 stat category league as is, though I'd like to see at least a UTIL player added to it, if not a couple of more semigeneric hitter spots (CI, MI, OF#4), and a couple of pitcher slots (P) for balance. If we're going ALL-MLB, with only 12 teams, more slots means more competition (ie, the little players actually matter).

In the #2 league, i'd really like to see even more slots than that ... with more scoring categories, you encourage the use of a good selection of "little players", so you need to have enough slots to actually encourage them

I leave for vacation 2/24 and come back 3/5, I think. Assuming we draft like the FFL league, we should probably start before then, but I'll nominate someone to draft for me.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

15 stat catagory... helps to avoid ties .

And we are drafting on this board... and inputing it later.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        15 stat catagory... helps to avoid ties .
        Uhm, can't 2 teams STILL tie a category though, thus creating a tie??
        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

helps to avoid is a relevent language.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Okay, we need people opting for 1 league to pick the league they want. Imran's league will likely have ~15 scoring categories while league 2 will likely have more scoring categories, maybe around 20.

Imran, should we go with 10 man leagues? I think we may have trouble filling 2 leagues if the first has 12. And Imran and Slowhand still need to decide on 1 or 2 leagues. We have 5 people willing to help fill out a 2nd league and 8 asking to be in 1 league with 2 unknowns.

That may be enough for 2 10 man leagues

Comment

10 man leagues would be preferable to me.

Comment

i rather be in the league with less categories.
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                  i rather be in the league with less categories.
                  I ditto this statement.

Comment

The more categories, the better...

Comment

Put me in the league with the fewer categories

Comment

Okay, we have the following so far

Imran's league

Imran
                        Berzerker
                        Ninot
                        Stuie
                        GRamsey
                        Nothingface
                        Sava
                        Snoopy
                        Jdd

1 opening

Berzerker's league

Berzerker
                        Stuie
                        Jdd
                        Sava
                        Snoopy

5 openings

Imran - (2nd league ?)
                        Slowhand - ???
                        Apocalypse - 1 league ???
                        Guynemer - 1 league ???
                        Emp Fabluous - 1 league ???
                        dejon - 1 league ???
                        asleepatthewheel - 1 league ???

Again, Imran's league will have ~15 scoring categories and mine will have ~20 scoring categories. That seems to be the main difference... so state your pref based primarily on that knowledge.
                        With 10 man leagues the pressure to grab closers wont be as great so "Holds" will be an option only to balance offensive categories

I was thinking about Nothingface's pref for assists instead of fielding %. Seems valid, DHs dont get assists and dont count toward Fpct, i.e., DHs hurt assist totals but not fielding %. So if we want to encourage fielding a team of position players then assists are better than fpct, true?

League 2 categories so far

R, H, 2B*, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, TB, FPCT/Assists, AVG, OBP, SLG

IP, W, L, CG, SHO, SV, ER, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9

We can drop 2B and combine OBP and SLG = OPS, that would give us 11 offense. If we have IP and ER then ERA is kinda pointless, so we can drop either ER or ERA (I'd prefer dropping ER). And we can keep either K/BB or K/9 or drop 'em both, but I'd like to keep offense and pitching somewhat balanced. The problem is CG and SHO are not a sure thing and wont always be a factor so even if we have 11 pitching categories, all 11 wont be involved every week. I like SHO even though they're more rare, getting a shutout is just plain awesome.

It looks like we'll have more than 10 people wanting into Imran's league so if you want just 1 league and aren't too particular, sign up for my league to make this work easier. Ty

Comment

The problem with assists is that it is very team specific. Therefore a very good 3B may be get hampered if they have a SS with great range on their side of the INF.

And if you are going to put assists, you should put in outs made (or whatever it is), because 1B don't get many assists at all (giving an advantage to 3B-1B types or what have you).

Comment

Put outs, not a big fan of them since the 1B gets by far the most and really does depend on other players - pitchers who throw ground balls and infielders who get it over to 1B.

I played 3B in college, trust me, it dont matter how good the range is on a SS, the 3B gets first crack at the ball

But with Fpct people try to find infield eligible players who have gone on to the OF or 1B so their fpct is better and they dont really have anyone playing 3B. Assists wont penalise people for actually playing a SS or 3B, it encourages playing them. Maybe having assists and fpct is better... Oh well, its not like I really care about fielding categories. I wouldn't mind if we didn't have any

Comment

Why don't we just eliminate all fielding categories as they are a pretty ridiculous fantasy stat anyway. I'm sure we can get creative if we really want that many scoring options without throwing in non batting and non pitching categories.

H, AVG, OBP, OPS, Runs, RBI, TB, SB, HR, - for K's
                              IP, ERA, WHIP, Saves, Wins, K's, Quality starts, Holds,

Comment

I don't see the need to include HRs if TBs are already in.

Comment

Working...
                                X