No announcement yet.

Fantasy Baseball Sign Up Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MtG is in a "detention facility" along the border.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I want to join, but I bet a few of you will have reservations due to my no show with Hockey.

I just couldn't get in to hockey. I thought by doing fantasy I'd become better aquainted with the league, but I haven't seen a game (or cared to) all year.

But for me, Baseball is a different story. First, its a lot easier to do this kind of thing in the spring and summer, and second, I know who the players are.

Plus, someone's got to take Sox players from LoA.

So can I join? Pretty please?
        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

how long does these things usally last? all season?
          Almost, the fantasy play offs begin with about 3-4 weeks left in the season, starting maybe Sept 10th? They try to end it before play off teams start resting stars. I know the feeling, I'm a diehard and even I get so tired of it in September I just dont care enough about the play offs.

Yes, its at yahoo.

And people please, post your prefs. We need to figure out if we will need a 2nd league and if so, what kind of league it will be. If the 2nd league is a daily roster change league, it will be much more taxing. The weekly roster change league doesn't take as much effort but if you get an injury early in the week you're in trouble. It sucks losing a week because your 1st baseman twisted his knee in a Monday game It would be nice if yahoo allowed replacing an injured player, anyway...

Last year Yahoo cancelled the minimum innings pitched requirement for the All-Star week so thats good.

So, 1 or 2 leagues, and, if 2 leagues, weekly or daily roster changes? Maybe we'll just have 2 leagues with the same settings, kinda nice to have everyone on the same field.

Imran, how many people in league 1? And will you be using a CF position? If people prefer 3 OF positions we might have the 2nd league

Comment

the list so far

Berzerker 1 or 2 leagues
            Imran ???
            Slowhand ???
            Ninot ???
            Stuie ???
            GRamsey ???
            Apocalypse ???
            Guynemer ???
            Emp Fabluous ???

Asher (uncommitted but interested)

Comment

I'd like to be in a daily one, if one is created
              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

yo yo yo

I would like to sign up.

Comment

I'd like a weekly league. I'll be kinda busy this summer so having it weekly would help out a lot.

And personally, I'm one of those people who likes leagues as big as possible since I like mid level players to count more.
                  "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                  "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                  "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                  "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    Hmm. To join, or not to join. It would be an experiment, and perhaps get me interested in baseball again...
                    I'll have to pass, given the nightmare in the Poly NHL league.

Good luck.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

1 league for me this season.

Comment

For your enjoyment: How NOT to be a Commissioner. Read from that post to the end of the end of the thread:

I promise to never be that way .
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'd also like a weekly league.
                          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Here's what I got so far:

League Name: Apolyton League

Password: XXXXXXXXXX

Draft Type: Offline Draft

Max Teams: 12

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Player Universe: All baseball

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 1

Trade End Date: August 13, 2006

Waiver Time: 2 days

Can't Cut List Provider: None

Trade Review: League Votes

Min Innings Pitched: 7

Weekly Deadline: Weekly on Monday

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Stat Categories: R, H, RBI, SB, TB, FPCT, OBP, SLG, W, SV, ER, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

Any changes should be suggested now (anything is discussable).
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I might want to be in this with one of my buddies...

he has not registered on Poly... but if it's all right with you guys, he would like to be in the league... I told him to register... HE'S NOT A DL... but feel free to give him crap
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

I'll have to pass, given the nightmare in the Poly NHL league.
                                i.e. YOU
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X