No announcement yet.

Fantasy Baseball Sign Up Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This being my first time I'd prefer one league, weekly change. No preference on stats or scoring - I'll learn to handle whatever the masses prefer.

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Apocalypse
      What's wrong with having more than 12 people in a league anyway? [/QUOTE

unless something changed and I didn't read about it, Yahoo maxes out at 12 people in a league.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Oh really? I could have sworn it could handle more.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I looked it up. 20 is max.
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

wow. Thats news to me!

yeah, to clarify if i didnt before, 1 league, weekly

but if the majority goes the other way, i'll do anything.

Comment

[q=Berzerker]Imran, if you want to replace "holds" with something else thats fine. Holds are better suited to daily leagues with larger rosters imo.[/q]

After last year I thought you'd kill me if I forgot holds. I'll replace it with, either IP or SO.

[q=Apocalypse]It would also be nice to have an additional DL position (especially for those who like Cubs pitchers) and another fielding statistic.[/q]

We already have TWO DL spots. With over 10 teams, there are going to be few enough players as it is!

And the only (and I mean ONLY) reason fielding % is there it to give a 'negative' to DH's (who get a 0 on it).

What's wrong with having more than 12 people in a league anyway?

Talent is streached too thin in a 12 man league (I prefer 10, personally). In 20, , people would be starting Neifi Perez!
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Talent stretched thin makes a game more fun. It takes a bit more knowledge to pick some of the mid level players.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                  Talent stretched thin makes a game more fun. It takes a bit more knowledge to pick some of the mid level players.
                  No, it makes more people drop out as an injury to a 1st rounder may doom them and they just don't care about the low level guys as much.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Maybe if we had three dl spots that would be less of a problem.

Comment

No... that's too many DL spots - and too many teams. 12 is my limit for teams.

Comment

Hmm...if we have 14 people and not enough people to play a 2nd league I'd vote for going with 14. One more thing, with 7 min IP it really creates an advantage for the reliever strategy. A manager could have 1 or 2 starters and 3 closers and more bench spots for position players. I set the 2nd league at 13 and thinking of bumping it 15+ . Yahoo fixed the all-star break problem. We should try to ensure at least 4 starts a week.

Comment

1. Berzerker - 2 leagues, weekly and daily/weekly
                          2 .Imran - ???
                          3. Slowhand - ???
                          4. Ninot - 1 league-weekly
                          5. Stuie ???
                          6. GRamsey - 1 league-weekly
                          7. Apocalypse - 1 league-weekly
                          8. Guynemer - 1 league-weekly
                          9. Emp Fabluous - 1 league-daily
                          10. jdd ???
                          11. Sava - 1 league-weekly, maybe a 2nd league if needed
                          12) NothingFace - I assume the same?
                          13) dejon - 1 league-weekly

We need more info, specify 1 or 2 leagues, and if you can handle a daily roster change league.

League 1

League Name: Apolyton League

Password: XXXXXXXXXX

Draft Type: Offline Draft

Max Teams: 12

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Player Universe: All baseball

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 1

Trade End Date: August 13, 2006

Waiver Time: 2 days

Can't Cut List Provider: None

Trade Review: League Votes

Min Innings Pitched: 7

Weekly Deadline: Weekly on Monday

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Stat Categories: R, H, RBI, SB, TB, FPCT, OBP, SLG, W, SV, ER, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

Any changes should be suggested now (anything is discussable).
                          ------------------------------
                          league 2

League Name: Apple 2
                          Password:
                          Draft Type: Offline Draft
                          Max Teams: 12
                          Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
                          Player Universe: All baseball
                          Max Moves: No maximum
                          Max Trades: No maximum
                          Trade Reject Time: 2
                          Trade End Date: August 13, 2006
                          Waiver Time: 2 days
                          Can't Cut List Provider: None
                          Trade Review: League Votes
                          Min Innings Pitched: 13
                          Weekly Deadline: Weekly on Monday
                          Start Scoring on: Week 1
                          Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL
                          Stat Categories: R, H, 2B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, TB, FPCT, AVG, OBP, SLG, IP, W, L, CG, SHO, SV, ER, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9

We still need people's prefs

We should get more than 14 though, this hasnt been up very long. Didn't LoA play? Someone who loves Boston...

Comment

even with 12, closers will be in high demand. I think thats why I like Holds, gives us more options. What other position than closer gets entirely grabbed up? anyway... who else has played in the past?

Comment

ive played but havent faired well. im usually biased towards certain players who tend to get hurt.

Comment

I don't think i can do two leagues, i'm paying 90 for one and 30 for a second, and am currently involved in at least 3 others not including the one from this site. I still disagree with the use of fielding percentage as a statistic in a fantasy game, why not include assists and passed balls for catchers?

Comment

Working...
                                X