Fantasy Baseball Sign Up Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet... more oppertunities for DL dances
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
      i.e. YOU
      The problem were nye and joncha throwing accusations of cheating left and right, repeatedly, because they disagreed with a consentual trade.

joncha took it a bit further and started lying, painting a picture like I changed rules without asking people for my own benefit, etc.

nye and joncha were lying regularly, and refused to apologize or even stop when proven wrong. They pushed the commish's buttons and accused him of cheating, and there's no room for that in a responsible pool. They are the two most dysfunctional poolies I've ever been with. Note that joncha made no comment about the rule changes 3 months ago, but when I'm competing against him this week he throws a hissy fit when I made a trade he doesn't like.

It's called being self-serving, which is ironic considering his allegations against me.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

1. Berzerker
        2 .Imran
        3. Slowhand
        4. Ninot
        5. Stuie
        6. GRamsey
        7. Apocalypse
        8. Guynemer
        9. Emp Fabluous
        10. Sava

I got two more spots in my league... one can be for Sava's buddy and one more... or if we get an influx, we can easily split 'em up among two leagues.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I'm not going to participate, but why aren't you using HRs as a stat?
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Already have Total Bases, which count it.

Comment

Sava? I'd like to join the fantasy league but would be more interested in a roto league. Also the scoring options should be changed, to a more standard 5x5 league or 6x6. R, RBI, SB, TB, OBP, maybe HR. W, SV, ERA, Whip, K's and maybe holds or innings pitched. Fielding percentage and slugging should be done away with.

Comment

I'll take the plunge! This will be my first foray in Fantasy Baseball, so take it easy on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nothingface
                  Sava? I'd like to join the fantasy league but would be more interested in a roto league. Also the scoring options should be changed, to a more standard 5x5 league or 6x6. R, RBI, SB, TB, OBP, maybe HR. W, SV, ERA, Whip, K's and maybe holds or innings pitched. Fielding percentage and slugging should be done away with.
                  okay

what do you guys think about this?

I know berz said there were gonna be 2 leagues...

they are free, so I assume we can do as many as we want

BTW

WELCOME TO POLY

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'd prefer a weekly league.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

1. Berzerker - 2 leagues, weekly and daily/weekly
                      2 .Imran - ???
                      3. Slowhand - ???
                      4. Ninot - 1 league-weekly
                      5. Stuie ???
                      6. GRamsey - 1 league-weekly
                      7. Apocalypse - 1 league-weekly
                      8. Guynemer - 1 league-weekly
                      9. Emp Fabluous - 1 league-daily
                      10. jdd ???
                      11. Sava ???
                      12) NothingFace ???
                      13) dejon - 1 league-weekly

We need more info, specify 1 or 2 leagues, and if you can handle a daily roster change league.

R, H, RBI, SB, TB, FPCT, OBP, SLG, W, SV, ER, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP
                      Imran, if you want to replace "holds" with something else thats fine. Holds are better suited to daily leagues with larger rosters imo.

Maybe IP or Losses

If we do have a 2nd league we may go with more scoring categories to better reflect prefs, but its looking like it will also be a weekly league since only me and EmpFab are committed to a daily league.

More info is needed, folks

THIS IS WHAT WE NEED

1 or 2 leagues?

weekly in both or weekly in 1 and daily in the 2nd?

scoring prefs?

Imran will have ~15 categories so if some people want more categories the 2nd league will have more. I like having lots of categories, or did in the past until I figured out more categories aren't necessarily better, some categories effectively negate more popular categories. For example, in weekly leagues having W and L, Ks and BBs, tend to cancel each other out. And its nice rewarding people for throwing more starters instead of using the reliever strategy.
                      Last edited by Berzerker; February 8, 2006, 21:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker

If we do have a 2nd league we may go with more scoring categories to better reflect prefs, but its looking like it will also be a weekly league since only me and EmpFab are committed to a daily league.

More info is needed, folks
                        I'd prefer to be in only 1 league, but since some people are going to want some preferences and others want some other things, I will keep myself available for two leagues if there aren't enough people to fill the available slots.

I think Nothingface and I are going to want to be in a roto league, but if there are extra spaces and you need ppl for the other league, I'll take a team in the other league as well.

Are the scoring categories open for discussion or is it decided what the leagues are gonna be?
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What's wrong with having more than 12 people in a league anyway?
                          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

yes, state your prefs for scoring.

Its looking like both leagues will be weekly, so the only differences may be the number of scoring categories. The problem I have is that I like more categories on offense and its harder adding enough pitching categories to ~balance out the offense and we'd just end up adding categories that dont really enhance competition.

League Name: Apple 2
                            Password:
                            Draft Type: Offline Draft
                            Max Teams: 12
                            Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
                            Player Universe: All baseball
                            Max Moves: No maximum
                            Max Trades: No maximum
                            Trade Reject Time: 2
                            Trade End Date: August 13, 2006
                            Waiver Time: 2 days
                            Can't Cut List Provider: None
                            Trade Review: League Votes
                            Min Innings Pitched: 13
                            Weekly Deadline: Weekly on Monday
                            Start Scoring on: Week 1
                            Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL
                            Stat Categories: R, H, 2B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, TB, FPCT, AVG, OBP, SLG, IP, W, L, CG, SHO, SV, ER, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9

Comment

If we have 14 people it would be nice to avoid a 2nd league

Comment

It would also be nice to have an additional DL position (especially for those who like Cubs pitchers) and another fielding statistic.
                                "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                                "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                                "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                                X