Apolyton Quiz V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kontiki
    There was no formal restriction on the number of Presidential terms until after Roosevelt.
    It wasn´t? I thought that was regulated in the constitution?
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Roy Rogers nick-name was roro. He also invented a type of ship that was subsequently named after him.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

And the world largest Island is Eurasia. Before the construction of the Suez Canal, it was Eurasia+Africa.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid

It wasn´t? I thought that was regulated in the constitution?
          It is now, in the 22nd Amendment. But that wasn't enacted until 1951.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Colon: in playing Civ ("1"), a friend and me referred to that landmass as "Eurasiafrica"

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki

It is now, in the 22nd Amendment. But that wasn't enacted until 1951.
              Great, you learn something new every day

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
                Roy Rogers nick-name was roro. He also invented a type of ship that was subsequently named after him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
                  In his book "Big Bang" Simon Singh writes that Philolaus was the first, his idea was then built upon by Heracleides of Pontus and Aristarchus. Of course Singh could be wrong, it´s hard to argue against Stanford
                  If I had a dollar for every time a popular science writer misrepresented a presocratic... I would have over 70 dollars!!
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

He has a PhD in particle physics from Cambridge. But that´s no guarantee apparently

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
                      Euuuuuwww. That pun deserves a

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                        Colon: in playing Civ ("1"), a friend and me referred to that landmass as "Eurasiafrica"
                        I bet partying with you two must be a laugh a minute
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I was tempted to post that, but thought it might offend. Thanks PH.

Roy Rogers was known as "the singing cowboy" on this side of the pond.
                          I've never even heard of him as "the king of the cowboys". I thought that was Herschel Walker.

Comment

Working...
                          X