X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I apologize to you on behalf of 'Muslims'

(From another post)

Brothers,

What can I do? Will my shouting to the top of my voice change their long held beliefs and attitudes? Do you have any idea how difficult it is? The only solution is long term.

But that doesn't mean I am not ashamed of what these lowlifers calling themselves Muslims are doing.

I as a 'Muslim' am very ashamed of what happened in Syria and London (regarding the disgusting posters there).

Accept my most sincere and humble apologies, brothers!

* The reason I wrote 'Muslim' is because I believe people should now differentiate between those fanatics and us. I would hate myself when I am put in the same class as them. Hope you understand me despite my limited English skills.

"The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Great, now can you get them to stop attack embassies?
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I never understood people who apologize for what someone else have done when they had no control over it.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

No, I can't, I'm powerless as to that.

I understand your anger, Donegal, but I do not regard those people as Muslims. They interpret things literally without having any regard for current realities. My version of Islam does not say that. So, I don't really think they are Muslims in the true sense of the word, and I am sorry I alone can do nothing to reverse that.

A muslim should be an enlightened person who 'should be kind to all animals created by Allah' and 'will not do excesses in the name of religion' as told by the prophet in his Last Address at Mecca. If we follow these points, then these people are not Muslims.

It is a pity we as 'moderate muslims' are not being able to do anything to stop this. It is OUR FAILURE, and we are ashamed of that.

Please accept my apologies, I have nothing else to offer. I do not even have a clue as to what to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
            I never understood people who apologize for what someone else have done when they had no control over it.
            I'm sorry you feel like that.

Comment

you don't have to apologize for the actions of other people, let alone extremists, as a private person. This is not the fault of normal moderate communities. If it was, Europe would be in fire now.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I was a proud Muslim who now cringe in shame when called one.

All Muslims are supposed to follow a set of guidelines which is why they are called such. They are supposed to be uniform in their mindset, at least in such matters as are happening in the world now.

From my understanding of Islam, what is happening right now is wrong, evil and not Islam. As a Muslim, this is a violation of my faith by people who don't or can't understand it. In this position, should I not, as a Muslim with no power to stop such people, apologize?

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever

I'm sorry you feel like that.
                  Why does it make you sorry?
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Last Conformist,

Every individual has certain responsibilites to society. When I call myself a Muslim, a true Muslim, I have responsibilites and obligations I take upon myself. Such will have to be carried out and if not, I have to be humble and apologize.

I have not carried out my responsibility of dissemenating the true version of Islam. As an individual, I have failed in that responsibility. I don't know about the other 1400 million Muslims, but I have failed and am ashamed for what is being done to a beautiful country like Denmark, which, ironically, follow most of the Islamic behavioral principles.

I am sorry for that. I apologized for that reason.

Hope you now understand, brother.

Comment

There is no need to apologise.

But I understand the feeling of responsibility for the actions of other members of an identifiable community.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You know, the real fight is between "Christians" and "Muslims", right? That's why there's a Crusade on.
                        B♭3

Comment

That said, I don't accept your apology.

You don't speak for them, nor their actions.
                          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist

Why does it make you sorry?
                            It was a joke.....

Comment

This is a war among extremists. Unfortunately, it's going to kill a lot of moderates in the process if they don't do something NOW about the fringe's attempts to speak for all of humanity. And this isn't an issue limited to Islam.

The meek shall inherit the Earth. Well, duh. That's because all the nutcases will be deader than doornails ... unfortunately, they'll take a boatload of innocents with them.

Gatekeeper
                              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
                              X