Internet Explorer 7: Beta 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be.

Fixed: will make my life a lot easier (yay, it's in!) and render moot all the effort I've spent learning how to fake it in IE6.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Oh, give it up.

Apple is not the first person to do either of those -- MS showed the Expose-like features many years ago as part of MSR's 3D desktop experiment.

It's a good move for Microsoft to make changes in reaction to features people liked it competitor's products. This competition is what makes the market move forward.
      One, I wasn't using Mac at the time Safari was released, nor was I aware of it, or what you're refering to.

Two, I recognize that certain features become standard over time, like tabbed browsing.

But honestly, let's not pretend IE isn't ripping that tab/Exposé idea straight from Shiira (it's also now available as a Firefox extension).

But yes, it is a good move for Microsoft to catch up with all the neat little features that have been available for God knows how long on every browser BUT Internet Explorer. I'm sure Vista will be equally groundbreaking.

Comment

Vista has a lot of stuff not in any operating system I know. Of course, that will be downplayed by the people who are pro-Apple/pro-Linux and anti-Consumer acting like it's a bad thing for MS to adopt features successful elsewhere.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          Vista has a lot of stuff not in any operating system I know. Of course, that will be downplayed by the people who are pro-Apple/pro-Linux and anti-Consumer acting like it's a bad thing for MS to adopt features successful elsewhere.
          It's not a bad thing, it would just be nice if Microsoft 1.) didn't pretend that "tabbed browsing" is an actual innovation 2.) at least pretended to work on unique features.

Comment

When did MS pretend that tabbed browsing is an innovation? I think Apple folk are putting up strawmen.

And why work on new features for a 'bridge' product. If they are doing new features on a browser, they'll most likely save them for Vista's release.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Hell, I only used IE6 on the rare occasion I ran into a problem with a page using Firefox.
              Try this extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...irefox&id=1419

Comment

I hope theyhave made the new IE 'find' facility a bit more streamlined, like FF

drives me mad having my IE find box dissapear every time I change the page
                Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Working...
                X