No announcement yet.

Details of Firaxis buyout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, Microprose is now technically Atari. Microprose was bought by Hasbro, which was in turn bought by Inforgrames, which is Atari now. But of course, Atari now are nothing like the nice bunch Microprose were.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I never understood why they killed the successful brand Microprose was.

Comment

Originally posted by Saras
        OFitG, the stock is restricted, most likely meaning a restriction on disposals.
        didn't know that

well I even if it is, I guess if it is tied to the company performance it's hardly something unreasonable I'd imagine. Why sell it otherwise, so well... they should make a fair chunk soon if not immidiately.

As for Microprose = bad mangement decisions and owner changes
        a bit here
        You'll learn which technologies are right for your business and will help you increase sales, speed up transactions, reduce labor costs and protect your data.

last game published in 2000

some tidbits here http://www.gis.net/~pldr/fah.html, Microprose situation mentioned in passing, but it is interesting.
        Last edited by OneFootInTheGrave; February 2, 2006, 16:02.
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I though Microprose has been shut down entirely, but apparently the studio in Hunt Valley still exists, though not called Microprose: http://apolyton.net/news/search.php?...ndOr=or&Find2=

This was over 3 years ago though.
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
          X