Details of Firaxis buyout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Details of Firaxis buyout

Saw this over on EvilAvatar, where they have an article on some financial aspects on TakeTwo.

Apparently, the purchase price for Sid's House o' Fun, otherwise known as Firaxis was...

"$26.7 million, composed of $12.5 million of restricted common stock and $0.86 million in cash. A significant $11.3 million of the total was in the form of contingent considerations based on future product sales."

This is the first time I have seen any numbers about that acquisition. Only $860,000 in cash... wonder how much went staight into the Meiers' account?

link?
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

TakeTwo has been the kiss of death lately for PC games and the companies that make them.
      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

TakeTwo has been the kiss of death lately for PC games and the companies that make them.
        Why?
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo

Why?
          Besides the CEO being named worst ever, and have the track record of killing Acclaim? Not to mention delays and cancellations.

PS: I shouldn't said I was being sarcastic anyway. Sorry.
          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

TakeTwo published GTA:SA, which was very successful. Civ4 was also a big success, and in some 2 months TakeTwo are also releasing Elder Scroll4: Oblivion, which is also expected to be a bestseller and award-winning.

That's actually some good stuff for them!
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Take Two didn't negatively effect Civ4, from what I've seen.

Comment

Well at least it's not infogreed, or whatever they style themselves as now, retardi or something...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Whatever happened to Microprose.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                    Whatever happened to Microprose.
                    \

hadnt heard that in a while..didnt they do CIVII TOT?
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Microprose was bought by Hasbro.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        Microprose was bought by Hasbro.
                        Gracias Hermano
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                          Take Two didn't negatively effect Civ4, from what I've seen.
                          Not that they did anything great, either. But well, yes, they indeed didn't damage the game in the way Atari damaged Civ3 and the expansions. Some of the worst publisher jobs I've seen.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I don't expect the publishers to have much of a positive impact other than to stay out of the programmers way.

Comment

Bah, stock swap. It's like printing money. A company can do that at almost no cost.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X