Banned Advertisements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solver
    The Super Bowl is the biggest day of the year for the advertising community. It's the one day when many people actually watch a TV program and PLAN on watching the commercials.

Wow, is that serious?
    There are many research studies that show this... my favorite one (done in back in 2000) goes the extra step and makes the following claim.

Some 130-140 million Americans watch at least some part of the Super Bowl — or about half the American population — and there are 800 million viewers worldwide. Surveys have found that at least 10 million people (7 percent) watch the Super Bowl exclusively for the ads.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm not sure these are real ads.

The "busted Apple" one is a really old internet parody...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's really quite sad.

It's especially irritating if you actually want to watch... THE GAME.

Lucky for me I'm not that much of a football fan. If they did this sort of **** during the World Series... oh, would I be pissed.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          I'm not sure these are real ads.

The "busted Apple" one is a really old internet parody...
          Ya think...

Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The Tui's beer one is real. They have loads of ads like that. It's a nice beer too - not too harsh to vomit up.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

It's really sad when people watch something for the ads.

Then again, it just proves that your American sports are inferior since the viewers care about the ads and aren't completely immersed in the game .
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Ugh...

I've never heard of Heavy.com until now, and honestly, the site bites. Slow to load, overabundantly using flash and shockwave, it's the cheap fifty-year-old streetwalker of websites that overuses its perfume and makeup as if that somehow makes it pretty.

The aesthetic appeal of that site ranks somewhat higher than say, Ain't It Cool News with its poo-colored Comic Sans/Arial Wide-Load monstrosity, but below Fark.com's retarded overly iconified page.

I honestly don't know anybody who goes to Heavy.com, either, so I'm quite curious to know exactly what the demographic the people are that go to this site, and whether they're the nitwits responsible for cancelling shows like Arrested Development and Firefly in favor of crud like American Idol.
                B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                  Ugh...

I've never heard of Heavy.com until now, and honestly, the site bites. Slow to load, overabundantly using flash and shockwave, it's the cheap fifty-year-old streetwalker of websites that overuses its perfume and makeup as if that somehow makes it pretty.

The aesthetic appeal of that site ranks somewhat higher than say, Ain't It Cool News with its poo-colored Comic Sans/Arial Wide-Load monstrosity, but below Fark.com's retarded overly iconified page.

I honestly don't know anybody who goes to Heavy.com, either, so I'm quite curious to know exactly what the demographic the people are that go to this site, and whether they're the nitwits responsible for cancelling shows like Arrested Development and Firefly in favor of crud like American Idol.

I know it's a pain, but it's the only place I know of that has Spongebong Hemppants. And you can't go wrong with that.
                  I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                    It's really sad when people watch something for the ads.
                    Oh they don't. That's just something ad people make up.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05
                      I know it's a pain, but it's the only place I know of that has Spongebong Hemppants. And you can't go wrong with that.
                      Actually, there is. Spongebob is bad enough, I can't imagine anyone making a spoof of it. It's like trying to spoof Gigli.

And honestly, some of these ads had better be worth this much pain--so far, I'm unimpressed.

I'm on a fecking 10-megabit downstream cable connection. I shouldn't have to be waiting this long for the page to load, replete with constant buffering interruptions.
                      B♭3

Comment

Actually, there is. Spongebob is bad enough, I can't imagine anyone making a spoof of it. It's like trying to spoof Gigli.

And honestly, some of these ads had better be worth this much pain--so far, I'm unimpressed.

I'm on a fecking 10-megabit downstream cable connection. I shouldn't have to be waiting this long for the page to load, replete with constant buffering interruptions.
                        Then your cable is messed up. I'm doing 768K DSL and I'm as natural as a duck in water at that site.

Of course, they might limit download speeds to help with the bandwidth. So it may appear slow to what you are normaly used to. If you do try heavy.com, I suggest the animation section. Trust me, GI Joe done Full Metal Jacket style is really good.
                        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

It's very much not my cable. I just tried downloaded a ~45-mb J2SDK package for linux with no trouble, and nothing else is currently using the network. I shouldn't be having these ads interrupted repeatedly by buffering issues.

I don't think I like this site. That said, I'll be watching these ads for now, but I shan't think I'll be a returnee.
                          B♭3

Comment

Spongebob is bad enough, I can't imagine anyone making a spoof of it.
                            The Big Dog store here spoofs everything. Awhile back they featured a sweatshirt of Spongedog Nopants.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                              I simply cannot see why they wouldn't let the singing cows one on.
                              I agree. It must just be a general ban on PETA. That's pretty ****ty.

The "Milk gone wild" commercial though... *shudder*
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Need glasses was hysterical.
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X