Banned Advertisements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned Advertisements

The Super Bowl is the biggest day of the year for the advertising community. It's the one day when many people actually watch a TV program and PLAN on watching the commercials. The day after, the media will be filled with polls and rankings telling the world which clients/ads were the best and worst. At $2.5 million for a thirty second commercial, the ads better be good

This is a make or break day for many people in my industry.

While many of us will enjoy the ads we see during the game... what about the ads that you won't see...

Heavy.com Bows Banned Bowl Ads
    by Gavin O'Malley, Wednesday, Feb 1, 2006 6:00 AM EST
    BETTING ON THE DIVIDE BETWEEN consumer tastes and those of network sensors, Heavy.com has compiled 16 commercials banned from the Super Bowl this year. The axed ads, which went live Tuesday night, include one produced by the activist group PETA, a "director's cut" of the GoDaddy.com ad, and a spot touting the over-the-counter cold medicine Airborne, which apparently features Mickey Rooney's bare backside.

"I think the ads that get rejected are always the more interesting ones," said David Carson, Heavy.com's co-founder and co-CEO

Heavy.com consists of a mosaic of video clips, radio, and games that attract the young males (and increasingly females) so coveted by advertisers today. The site is consistently laden with brands like Diesel, Sony, and Nike, as well as trailers for films such as New Line's 'Wedding Crashers."

Carson made no arrangements with any of the brands whose Super Bowl ads his site is featuring. "We just found them online," he said. "We thought it would be smart to compile them all together into one package."

Users clicking on the banned TV ads are first shown, very briefly, a separate full-screen banner ad; Tuesday night, one ad was for the movie "Underworld," and another was for Honda Civic.

They really are unbelievable. It's well worth the time to view them. The "Beaver" and "Bush" ads alone are worth checking this out.

Enjoy!
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

how they thought the "beaver" one would ever go through I never know
    Monkey!!!

Comment

"My Busted Apple" was a an absolute hoot! But then, I can see why they pulled it - Macintosh would not be pleased to have that one air!

Comment

As always go daddy has a few goodies.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Thanks Ming! Great stuff!
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Hilarious but no one could have thought they would make TV. Do they make them just so that they will be "refused" and then get wide viewership on the net ??
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
              Hilarious but no one could have thought they would make TV. Do they make them just so that they will be "refused" and then get wide viewership on the net ??
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

I saw the sauna one on TV a few months ago. I'm suprised it won't be on.
                I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

I've seen a couple of them before... but others, I can't really believe that they would EVER get on the air
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

I don't see why they'd ban the Singing Cows one, aside from it being stupid.
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Erm, the "need glasses" one is in German... Do they broadcast non-English commercials at all over there?
                      Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                      Let me eat your yummy brain!
                      "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Originally posted by Micha
                        Erm, the "need glasses" one is in German... Do they broadcast non-English commercials at all over there?
                        Spanish commercials stay on the spanish channels. We don't have a sizable population of any other major languages besides English to warrant any more on a nation wide scale.
                        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

The apple one is my favorite (talk about truth in advertising :LOL: ) followed by need new glasses.
                          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
                            "My Busted Apple" was a an absolute hoot! But then, I can see why they pulled it - Macintosh would not be pleased to have that one air!
                            It's not real. It's a joke made by some mac users. Some of the things it says refer to things that don't even exist on a mac, like .exe files. Been around for years.

I simply cannot see why they wouldn't let the singing cows one on.

And props to Tui's Pale Ale: one of my favourite New Zealand beers.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

The Super Bowl is the biggest day of the year for the advertising community. It's the one day when many people actually watch a TV program and PLAN on watching the commercials.

Wow, is that serious?
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                              X