No announcement yet.

Tokyo No Longer the Most Expensive City to Live In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, just basic Economese and easily interpreted if you read it carefully .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I know Imran, I do have a GCSE in the subject. Grade A too
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
        IIRC, the basket of goods for this index skews toward what a transient executive might expect to buy, not what an average or not so average person might expect to buy.
        That makes it very similar to the other one done by Mecier (sp?), then.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I stayed at Bergen for a couple days, and it was obscenely expensive. A bottle of water would cost three euros...
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

why the hell would you buy bottled water and why would you pay for it in euros. off course you'd get ripped off
            CSPA

Comment

Norwegians are the people who go to Sweden to buy "cheap" alcohol. Nuff said.

I'm surprised that Helsinki apparently beats Stockholm. I suppose it might be due to the price controls on housing.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

why the hell would you buy bottled water and why would you pay for it in euros. off course you'd get ripped off

+1 for americans
                "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                  That makes it very similar to the other one done by Mecier (sp?), then.
                  I'm not familiar with that index, but there are a couple of this type. I think one of the consultancies puts out a similar index, and maybe that's the one to which you are referring.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
                    Doesn't European water give diarrhea? Eric the Red's Revenge? Or am I thinking of somewhere else... I dunno, all foreign countries are the same and not to be trusted.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

That's why you're supposed to drink beer when visiting Europe.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Ah, right.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP

Doesn't European water give diarrhea? Eric the Red's Revenge? Or am I thinking of somewhere else... I dunno, all foreign countries are the same and not to be trusted.
                          No, you're thinking of Mexico. Drinking European water makes you a pansy-assed commie.
                          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I've heard about Montezuma's revenge...

Oh and of course, beer is better. But that would actually cost 3 euros. At least.
                            CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                              I've, for one, found that if you know where to go and what places to eat at, you can eat better quality food for cheaper in London than lots of other places in the UK. Its certainly cheaper and more varied to eat out in London than Norwich.
                              But accommodation eats up a lot, and is *vastly* more expensive in London than in Paris.
                              Smile
                              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

The equivalent of three euros. I'm not going to remember some irrelevent country's exchange rate. Why the hell would Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway all have different currencies (probably Finland too)? Annoying bastards.

And beer was even more expensive.

Prague OTOH was dirt cheap.
                                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                                -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                                X