Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WASHINGTON POST: Psychological Study Finds Bush Backers More Biased Against Blacks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrmitchell
    No one really believes all black people are like the thug lettin' loose on the rap video channel. If they do, they're already a latent racist or just plain ignorant, I'll bet.
    You seem to be under the impression that latent racism and ignorance is lacking in our nation.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
      Far more damning, I think, was the poll data from just before the last election that showed quite clearly that most Kerry voters could correctly state Kerry's position on the issues, whereas most Bush voters (yes, a majority) got his positions wrong.

-Arrian
      Yep,
      they often thought Bush had the same opinions like themselves on certain things even if they could´ve found out without problems, that Bushs opinions on these things was the exact opposite of their opinions.
      It was the same poll that showed that a high percentage of Bush voters believed,
      that Iraq had something to do with Al Kaida and was involved in 9/11
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

1) The Dems, slaves to their corporate masters that they are, never campaign against "business leaders."

2) Dem campaigning against Lay, Bush, Gingrich, et al is based on what they've done, not who they are.

3) Again, Dem fear-mongering is based on policy decisions (Bush invaded Iraq; Enron execs screwed employees and consumers) or potential policy decisions (Bush is going to fubar Social Security). GOP fear mongering is based on associating negative behaviors with whole groups of people.

Do you really not get this? Or do you really think "corporate executive" and "African-American" are equivalent categories? Either way, .
        No, but Republicans don't try to get people scared of all African-Americans. Alan Keyes did come in at least third in most of the primary elections before people started dropping out. With good percentages of votes too.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

That study found that supporters of President Bush and other conservatives had stronger self-admitted and implicit biases against blacks than liberals did.
          I think the likliest reason for this is that practicaly ALL blacks would have been in the Liberal columb and their own better opinion of blacks would thus tip the balance even if all the whites in the study held equivilent belifs.

These types of Bias studies have found that whites have an on average negative view of blacks. Blacks have on average a nutral opinion of blacks, but suprisingly this is the resulst of a roughly 50/50 split amoung blacks between a possitive and nagative view of blacks. Given levels of Black on Black violence and negative media images (I've met many blacks who realy despise the whole gangsta image) is not hard to imagine why.

The real question should be do white liberals and conservatives show a significant difference in black/white preference. (which is tacitly implied by this thread) Also I would like to see a breakdown by Economic level, Educational level, Region and level of contact with Blacks when growing up.
          Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
          X