Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WASHINGTON POST: Psychological Study Finds Bush Backers More Biased Against Blacks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with Democrats, you get the "pity" racists who have never met a black person in their life, but are all about helping the black community, even though they have no idea what the community may actually want, etc... they have good intentions, and want to help, but are somewhat racist because they feel that black people can't help themselves so they need the charity... etc...
    I know you try to cover your ass with the "most of those are just stereotypes" later on in your post, but I will give my avatar for life to any poster who can prove they have never met a black person ever (and are older than say 10). You would have to be living under some rock.
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

or in siberia.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I don't mind living around Black people. It's poor Black people I don't want to live around, but that also goes for poor anyone.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I don't want to live in a dodgy area where there are lots of problems. Race has absolutely no impact on it whatsoever...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell

I know you try to cover your ass with the "most of those are just stereotypes" later on in your post, but I will give my avatar for life to any poster who can prove they have never met a black person ever (and are older than say 10). You would have to be living under some rock.
            I know people, who have seen black people, never said more than a couple words to one at most before they got to college.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I didn't have any black kids in my class until third grade. By the end of 8th grade, there were three.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell

when I moved to Naperville (upper middle class suburb) there weren't any black kids at my school... and in high school, there were like 4... out of like 3,000... and maybe 1 lived in the "Naperville ghetto", the apartment complexes... or poor area...

as for "covering my ass", I just wanted to make sure people know that I was stereotyping so that people didn't accuse me of doing so...
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                  I didn't have any black kids in my class until third grade. By the end of 8th grade, there were three.
                  \

That is pretty sad....

Until college I had always gone to highly diverse schools. public or private....
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The analysis found that substantial majorities of Americans, liberals and conservatives, found it more difficult to associate black faces with positive concepts than white faces -- evidence of implicit bias.
                    So a substantial majority of liberals are racists?

That study found that supporters of President Bush and other conservatives had stronger self-admitted and implicit biases against blacks than liberals did.
                    The study also found Bush supporters are more honest than liberals

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                      Which means you've met Black people.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                        So a substantial majority of liberals are racists?

I would say so. Of course, like conservatives, it has more to do with the constant bombardment of negative images in the media than anything else. The major media corporations are all located in urban centers, which means that they pay more attention to what goes on locally. As there is a much larger Black population in the cities, there is much more Black crime being reported. So the white suburbs hear all about Black crime, and nothing about all the white crime that goes on in the suburbs. In other words, they lear to associate Blacks with crime without counter positive images of Blacks or concurrent negative images of other whites.

In addition, we have the modern minstral shows of gangsta rappers feeding white people an entertainment stereotype of thuggery and hypersexuality that exists only among a small subsection of the Black nation. It is, however, what people want to see, just like the vast majority of media entertainent involving Italians is about the Mafia.

Comment

Here's a different way to read this:

If you look at Republican rhetoric over the past few decades -- at least as far back as Nixon's "Southern stategy" in 1968 -- the GOP has basically campaigned again and again on a platform of fear, and specifically fear of The Other. (The only significant exception would be Reagan's "Morning in America" campaign). Fear of blacks, fear of communists, fear of feminists, fear of gays and lesbians, fear of terrorists, etc. etc. That does suggest that people more likely to identify themselves as Republicans are also more likely to respond strongly to the perception of external threats. Since fear is also a primary ingredient -- perhaps the primary ingredient -- in prejudice, it would also not be surprising to find such prejudice among GOP members.
                          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Fear of Republicans

Comment

teh real threat
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

In addition, we have the modern minstral shows of gangsta rappers feeding white people an entertainment stereotype of thuggery and hypersexuality that exists only among a small subsection of the Black nation.
                                So? TV (and all mass media) is all about stereotypes. White people are always urban metrosexuals, all-American suburbanites, or white trash, if you believe life according to television. There isn't any money to be made in building realistic characters that have any depth or substance, I thought you knew this.

No one really believes all black people are like the thug lettin' loose on the rap video channel. If they do, they're already a latent racist or just plain ignorant, I'll bet.
                                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
                                X