No announcement yet.

Target :love:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I got my job at the Sheriff's department, I was looking to join Target. Even had a second interview lined up...
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

SuperSneak is some kind of management figure at Target.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        SuperSneak is some kind of management figure at Target.
        Honestly I went to Target for the second time ever about a month ago, right before Christmas. The aisles are a little wider and cleaner than Wal Mart, and they have some nifty clothes. This isn't stuff you need to pay a designer $20 million a year to create. I got a Dr Pepper cap and a gift: a shirt with a Monty Python quote on it. I'll never understand why Wal Mart doesn't sell stuff like this, which would mean I would only ever have to buy from anywhere else for groceries.

I know partly this was because the store was new to me, but for a moment I got lost. Target's combination of walls and aisles and so on made my brain's directional abilities turn to mush, but I only had to walk a little ways to find a place where I knew where I was. I've never lost myself anywhere else even in gargantuan clothing stores like Dillard's.

The prices were the same or slightly higher than what I could get at Wal Mart for the majority of stuff. There are exceptions for both sides but overall I probably save a couple percent with Wal Mart. I bet Targets require a larger community to support them, anyway. Only El Dorado could "fer sure" support one, around here. Maybe SuperSneak can recommend it to whoever's in charge of building new Targets.

Or more importantly, SuperSneak can get that ridiculous "no charity solicitation" rule overturned. I didn't know about the Salvation Army thing before I went there last time, but now I definitely know I'm not going there again.
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Now that's more like it

I am all ears
          No offense, but aren't you a dude?
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
            Target has banned Salvation Army ringers from its stores
            Are the Salvation Army getting in some really high-powered missionaries from other religious groups?

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Target has banned Salvation Army ringers from its stores

Target = Evil
                The Salvation Army endorses homophobia, right?
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Target has Chinese stuff, low wages, and opposes unions just like Wal Mart. And it's more expensive, and has banned the Salvation Army from ringing in front of their stores.

Wal Mart will let you do anything short of hosting orgies in the parking lot.

Target is obviously the store of wealthy elitists who HATE AMERICA AND FREEDOM.
                  *shrug* Target donates 15% of their profits to their local communties.

Wal-Mart donates.... squat.

How many workshops and third countries Target exploit?
                  Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Which do you prefer this...

Wal-Mart
                    Attached Files
                    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

a picture is worth 1000 words...

Or this???

Target
                      Attached Files
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Not squat. There oughta be a big banner in your Wal Mart that advertises how many checks theyve written this year. Factor in donations made by Wal Mart's corporate offices and the Walton Family which has given hundreds of millions to countless educational causes...then add money earned by charities that have fundraisers in front of the store.

How many workshops and third countries Target exploit?
                        At least one. They had a deck of jumbo playing cards...made in China.
                        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Barinthus
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                            Before I got my job at the Sheriff's department,...
                            Good choice! First responders

Comment

Working...
                            X