Recommend me a good music media player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    !Tunes totally sucks. I get music that was made with it and it's labels blow chunks.

They aren't unique to iTunes silly.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
      The uber people are those who simply don't have better things to do than mess around with computers instead of getting work done.
      I find the queries to be much faster than the point-and-click creation in the simple mode and in iTunes, because it's very similar syntax to SQL.

It lets me get more work done. And because Winamp has superior resource management, so it uses less CPU/memory, I can do more on my computer. Because it can use less screen realestate, I can see more on my computer.

iTunes isn't for people who want to "get work done", it's for people with low IQs an a corresponding need for big buttons.

Personally, I rarely use the buttons at all in Winamp. I've got the buttons on my keyboard mapped to the winamp controls.

As far as I know, you can't bind iTunes controls to external peripherals.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
        As if you know what Fisher Price means...
        Question: Does iTunes have big, fat, enormous buttons?
        A: Yes.

Q: Does iTunes mainly have large, empty spaces and "friendly", simple tones?
        A: Yes.

Q: What other products have this sort of aesthetic?
        A: XP's Luna theme, and Fisher-****ing-Price.

...don't make yourself look any more ignorant.

The iTunes interface looks nothing like their stuff. I should know: I had oodles of their toys as a small child.

As did I. Just because it's "grey" instead of blue, red, and yellow, doesn't mean it's any less Fisher-Priced.

The uber people are those who simply don't have better things to do than mess around with computers instead of getting work done.

Funny. With global keyboard shortcuts and bindings, and tiny mini-players, I'm able to do my work with a minimum of fuss and almost no space taken up by the media player.

Odd, how that works.

Incidentally:

The Right constantly complains about the so-called "intellectual elite", disparaging them and their preferences.

You're doing the same, only for what you believe the "uber computer" people.

Good for you.

I think iTunes is crap. If you like it, that's your business, but for someone still making up their mind, I'm more than willing to argue in favor of WinAmp.
        B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          !Tunes totally sucks. I get music that was made with it and it's labels blow chunks.
          iTunes is still better than say, Rhapsody or Napster (reborn).
          B♭3

Comment

By the way, the global key bindings I use in Winamp allow me to control Winamp transparantly while playing games, like Civ4.

iTunes doesn't play nice at all with running games -- you can't control it and you can't see it. You can do both with winamp.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Amen, brudda 'Sher. Civ4 + Winamp.

Though, Civ4 lets you have custom music folders, but then you have to do without randomized playlists and things like that or something.
              B♭3

Comment

There are other quality problems with iTunes.

1) It doesn't understand how to burn CDs on my desktop (Windows XP x64). My other CD burners work fine, as does winamp.
                2) It starts 3 hidden services without asking you, including "iTunes Helper" (WTF is this?), "iPod Service" (why would you want this if you've never plugged in an iPod to your computer?), and "CD burning services" (even if it doesn't know how to burn CDs on your computer).
                3) Of course, it's a huge resource hog
                4) Massive download size
                5) Non-optional integration with quicktime, one of the worst pieces of software available on Windows.

Comment

edit: disregard this post. I figured it out.
                  Last edited by Dis; January 27, 2006, 16:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                    I was able to delete files from my itunes library before, but now I can't seem to.

Anyone know how to delete them? I found I have duplicate songs, and want to remove them from my library (and hard drive- but I already did that). I used to be able to right click on a song and hit clear, but that option no longer shows up. The only option I get is copy (along with a few other right click menu options).
                    Be sure you're in your in your library, and not in a playlist. If not, left click on your library. To erase a song select it and press delete on your keyboard.

Btw, you can ask iTunes to display duplicate songs. Its in the edit menu.

And what does checking and unchecking do?
                    An example: suppose you have a metal playlist and don't want to hear a song, uncheck the song. Then instruct your playlist not to play unchecked songs.
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

funny, I figured it out just as you made that post. It's all working now.

Comment

As far as I know, you can't bind iTunes controls to external peripherals.

( yes you can)
                        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                          I've got the buttons on my keyboard mapped to the winamp controls.
                          I must be missing something profound, because I can't find a way to set that up. I can only get the buttons on my keyboard to work with windows media player.

Comment

Indeed. I failed to check the large "enable" box.

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                              ( yes you can)
                              And how is that?

The only way it works in iTunes if if the program has focus, which is pretty useless to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X