• Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTunes now has educational stuff

Daniel Dennett presumably trashing ID theory. Downloading it now
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

WinAmp 2.91

Simple, not bloatware. I stopped there when WinAmp 3 wouldn't support wma files.

I keep all my music in one folder and it plays all the files out of that. I like it that way. Screw playlists.
      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

iTunes now has educational stuff

Daniel Dennett presumably trashing ID theory. Downloading it now
        That should be entertaining...
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

iTunes allows to bypass cd copy protection
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo

That should be entertaining...
            It's OK. He has some interesting things to say. Although he's against the teaching of design against evolution, he doesn't have a problem with it being taught as an alternative cosmology (at least that is what I think he said, I wasn't paying attention). He also thinks that all world religions ought to be taught in schools (although he has an ulterior motive).

It's a bit "Philosophy Cafe" though.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

winamp is the best, it's the obvious choice.

Apocalypse, I do remember .. at some point, there was this version of winamp, and it was slow with some systems. But that was some weird stuff, forget about it, it's fast and doesn't require too much resources.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Winamp. iTunes runs like a beast, and it's really terrible. I just want ****ing QuickTime, not iTunes. Let me download just QuickTime, you ****ing Apple prats!
                B♭3

Comment

Yes, iTunes is a ressource hog, but it just works
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

As does Winamp.

Have fun with your hog, I'll be spending time with this svelte one over here.
                    B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05
                      WinAmp 2.91

Simple, not bloatware. I stopped there when WinAmp 3 wouldn't support wma files.

I keep all my music in one folder and it plays all the files out of that. I like it that way. Screw playlists.
                      Winamp 5 has WMA support...as well as OGG, MP4/AAC, AACPlus, MP3, WAV, and about a couple dozen others.

An the single folder with all the files fails with a few thousand songs. Not that I even know the folder hierarchy of my music, I use the Winamp Media Library to play my songs.

The default view shows all the songs in a list, which is sortable...not unlike a folder.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Winamp 5 has WMA support...as well as OGG, MP4/AAC, AACPlus, MP3, WAV, and about a couple dozen others.

An the single folder with all the files fails with a few thousand songs. Not that I even know the folder hierarchy of my music, I use the Winamp Media Library to play my songs.

The default view shows all the songs in a list, which is sortable...not unlike a folder.

I'll still stick with 2.91. All my music is mp3, with a few wma.

I like to play all my music, at random. Playing everything from one folder works for me. I don't go "say, I want to listen to just this dude". That's why I stay away from Media Libraries. They are unnecessary IMHO.
                        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

By default the media library is "All artists", which selects all songs. To have all your music at random, leave the default and click the random bottom.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            By default the media library is "All artists", which selects all songs. To have all your music at random, leave the default and click the random bottom.
                            I like my setup. It works for me.

Comment

I have all my music meticulously sorted into folders with proper tags and album art, and I just play all of my tracks at random in Winamp.

The organization and album art stuff is mostly to satisfy my obsessive-compulsiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                                I have all my music meticulously sorted into folders with proper tags and album art, and I just play all of my tracks at random in Winamp.

The organization and album art stuff is mostly to satisfy my obsessive-compulsiveness.
                                I'm compulsive about HD space. You won't find any art stuff... or even thumbs.db files on my 250GB hard drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X