No announcement yet.

UPN & WB to merge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like the name CW. It reminds me of "Carrier Wave" which is basically an idle channel.
    (Of course, that beats WC which means something entirely different outside of the US )
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Cox has the following HD channels in Las Vegas:

700 Discovery HD Theater TM
      705 ESPN HD
      706 INHD 1
      707 INHD 2
      708 Universal HD
      709 TNT HD
      710 HBO West
      711 Cinemax HD
      720 Showtime West
      721 Starz! HD
      730 CBS
      731 PBS
      732 ABC
      733 NBC
      735 Fox
      Wow, thanks. Like I said, I rarely go above channel 65. (sometimes I check out channel 71- the education channel- I'm a geek)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
        I don't like the name CW. It reminds me of "Carrier Wave" which is basically an idle channel.
        (Of course, that beats WC which means something entirely different outside of the US )
        I immediately thought Country Western when I saw CW. Not a good way to attract viewers outside of Nashville.
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

From my perspective, this thread may as well be written in Swahili...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
            Wow, thanks. Like I said, I rarely go above channel 65. (sometimes I check out channel 71- the education channel- I'm a geek)
            And you do realize that you need to subscribe to digital cable for those HD channels, right?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
              From my perspective, this thread may as well be written in Swahili...
              UPN is the Paramount network
              WB is the Warner Brothers network
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Don't WB aim for suburban emo teenagers and UPN aim for urban kids?
                I haven't seen either in years but last I heard WB was aimmed more at black kids.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Have you guys watched the WB?

Supernatural, Everwood, One Tree Hill, Buffy, Smallville, Gilmore Girls, etc...
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'm pretty much only interested in how this will affect Veronica Mars. Here's to hoping it gets renewed for a 3rd season.

Comment

Remember when they mocked WB on the Simpsons?

"Here's another crappy show that no one will see on the dub-dub-dubya W. B."

good times, good times
                      I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Continued shows include:

UPN:
                        Veronica Mars
                        Everybody Hates Chris
                        WWE Smackdown
                        Girlfriends
                        America's Next Top Model (reality)

WB:
                        Smallville
                        Gilmore Girls
                        Supernatural
                        Reba
                        Beauty and the Geek (reality)
                        Kid's WB (the number 1 Saturday Morning lineup for 5 straight years)
                        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                          I thought it was the other way around. They kind of criss-crossed each other. I think one network had Voyager, but the other one had Enterprise.
                          No, both Voyager and Enterprise were on UPN. Since they started off as network series rather than syndicated series, they were linked to UPN. DS9/TNG were both syndicated, so in some markets they appeared on the WB affiliate.
                          B♭3

Comment

Here's to keeping Veronica Mars and Everybody Hates Chris.
                            B♭3

Comment

I have both channels but I tend to watch neither. Some of the shows listed seem like they may be decent but I just don't have the time to try them out.

Basically I have chosen about 4-5 shows that I watch and thats it . ..
                              Thankfully the new PVR technology is fabulous and I can always watch the episodes that I missed or the decent movie I recorded. PLus I am catching up on Enterprise-- I know its cancelled but there were a number of episodes I missed and am catching up. The DVD series for Enterprise is PROHIBITIVELY expensive
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                              X