Anyone know Flash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marijuana dealer.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      Urban Ranger, if I go to Macromedia.com, I see a lot of flash content...including the navigation system and product ads.
      Macromedia's website has some Flash content, sure. Otherwise nobody else is going to use it.

The way that they use Flash in a supplementary role is a good reason for everybody else to use Flash in a similar role.

Flash has its uses. The problem is it is abused on a great many websites, creating a headache for many of us.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

If you're going to do it, at least do it right. You need more help than you're going to get here to do it right (right being just programming the flash itself and keeping the content in external files.) Do you know ECMAScript? If not, you need to learn it. Your content would preferably be in a database, but you can do it as XML if you want. Coding the little buttons is the trivial part.

That being said, it's a bad idea and you probably shouldn't do it.
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
        X