Anyone know Flash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know Flash?

Kinda stumped on this one, and it's probably so basic I'll rape myself in disgust when I get an answer but nevertheless...

I'm designing the website for my company, and it's a basic thing of a title page with buttons, click the button and pages come up, "Products", "Services", "Contact" etc. How do I do this? I need the site to be as modular as possible so I can train my juniors to edit it easily when I'm up to speed on Flash.

Anyone got any thoughts? I'll email a beer to the person who provides the first useful answer
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

How do you rape yourself?
    Blah

Comment

A combination of psychosis and a trip to the local greengrocer.
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

Unless I'm missing something (and I frequently do!) you don't need Flash for what you want to do.

Comment

I do, we dont want a HTML site. The "pages" so to speak are all to load up within the flash movie.

Comment

It's none of my business but those type of sites have been shown to be poor as company or advertising tools, people don't like waiting for the things to load.

Comment

None of my business either, I do what the MD says, I get money and brownie points. I would say though that unless you go crazy with bitmaps, a site that relies mostly on Vector images will not take long to load... in terms of content, my entire site will be ~150Kb. Most of our target customers will have upwards of 512Kb/s broadband, so it's a non-issue really.

Comment

No "passing trade"? Thats where you'll find people saying "sod it".

Comment

I am one of those who is going to say "sod it" when I come across a Flash-only site. If Macromedia don't design their own website that way, only the really stupid would think that's a jolly good idea.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

No "passing trade"? Thats where you'll find people saying "sod it".
                    Not really, we dont generally sell to individuals and I've been asked to provide a website with high visual impact using Flash. Whether or not it generates more business is more a management issue. Naturally, there'll be a non-flash version.

The vast majority of PC's have flash-player installed, most small businesses have a decent internet connection able to handle 150Kb pretty much instantly; I dont see a problem.

Comment

Yeah, he's Ming's nemesis
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                        I am one of those who is going to say "sod it" when I come across a Flash-only site. If Macromedia don't design their own website that way, only the really stupid would think that's a jolly good idea.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                          The vast majority of PC's have flash-player installed
                          Sure. Many veterans of the Web probably also have some kind of Flash blocker installed (esp if they use Firefox) just to avoid being plagued by the innumerous Flash objects floating about.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Urban Ranger, if I go to Macromedia.com, I see a lot of flash content...including the navigation system and product ads.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                              A combination of psychosis and a trip to the local greengrocer.
                              What'a a Greengrocer?

Comment

Working...
                              X