Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What verions of songs do you prefer - original or cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Dylan "sang" it then I would take the cover band every single time

If a rapper "sang" it then I would take Dynamite Hack or Phish

covers are suppose to be recognized as covers, and that is what makes them fun
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Dylan

It does sound a bit dylanesque, but then that's what Dylan is all about!

Comment

usually I like the original better. But sometimes I like the cover. It just depends.

sometimes I like them equally.

As is the case with NIN/Johnny Cash in Hurt. I like both versions equally.

Comment

You guys are aware that the song "One" by Metallica is completely different from the one by U2?

Comment

how dumb do you think they are?

speaking of Metallica. An example where I like the original song better is fuel by Metallica. Avril lavigne did an interesting version. But I can't say I prefer her version. It's just interesting having a female do Metallica lyrics.

Songs where I like the cover better are All Along the Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix.

And another song I like the cover equally is in my signiture. Raining Blood by Slayer and Tori Amos. Though you can argue, other than the lyrics, they are completely different songs.

Comment

Tori Amos' Raining Blood is outright spooky...
              Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
              Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
              Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Because the Night (cover) Natalie Merchant
                Because the Night (cover) Patti Smith
                Because the Night (original) Bruce Springsteen
                Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

I also like the Bangles hazy shade of winter over the original. .

And I like RATM's version of Ghost of Tom Joad over the original.

Comment

LoA: get a decent version then?! how do you like the U2?
                    nah, what I mean is that it doesnt sound good. The version is fine, I just dont like it. I prefer the U2 version.
                    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Working...
                    X