Attacks on Homeless Reported Nationwide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrFun

Look at our country's incredibly high rate of violent crime compared to other industrial countries -- and yet, this country still clings onto the death penalty in some states.
    "The right to life is inviolable. There shall be no death penalty."

- Constitution of Colombia, Article 11.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
      I'm sure more than one person was deterred. How do you get statistics for that?

You're absolutely right -- the deterrence MUST be working -- look at our much higher violent crime rate compared to other industrial nations.

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

You're absolutely right -- the deterrence MUST be working -- look at our much higher violent crime rate compared to other industrial nations.

If only your critical thinking matched your talent for sarcasm.

I guess I can infer from your argument that the death penalty is actually encouraging violent crime.

Either that, or you're just being a moron and ignoring the thousands of other factors that determine crime rate.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar

If only your critical thinking matched your talent for sarcasm.

I guess I can infer from your argument that the death penalty is actually encouraging violent crime.

Either that, or you're just being a moron and ignoring the thousands of other factors that determine crime rate.

Of course there are other factors. The misinterpretation of the "right to bear arms" for one.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Well, that renders your first point completely moot then.

If there are other factors which influence crime rate, and vary from country to country, a comparison between two countries is completely invalid.

Comment

Where do all these homeless people in America come from and how do they survive? (I'm not saying we don't have homeless people, just not quite so many)

EDIT: I don't think so, anyway...
              Last edited by Axxaer; January 26, 2006, 07:52.
              "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
              Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Axxaer
                Where do all these homeless people in America come from and how do they survive? (I'm not saying we don't have homeless people, just not quite so many)
                You don't have so many total or per capita? The reasons vary greatly.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Correlation doesn not equal causation
                  "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                  "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                  "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                  "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

Working...
                    X