No announcement yet.

Working on a new computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure the wires that connect the LEDs at the front of the case are connected properly to your mobo... took me a while to figure out that was why my comp wasn't booting first time.
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Computer question: My PC makes a hefty amount of noise, is it worth the time and effort to replace the PSU (mainly responsible) with something quieter?

Comment

PSUs aren't particularly difficult to replace
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yes, but I tend to be inept at stuff like this.

Comment

PSUs are only slightly better than FSUs.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
              Computer question: My PC makes a hefty amount of noise, is it worth the time and effort to replace the PSU (mainly responsible) with something quieter?
              I tend to be inept at stuff like this.
              No.
              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

You could try cleaning out the fans first, with a can of compressed air if necessary.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                X