How do you call France from the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you call France from the UK?

Yeah, I feel stupid that I can't figure it out, but I figured there's lots of Brits here, so maybe someone could pop up.

So, here's the deal. I have a Mobile World pay-as-you-go plan which I was assured could be used to call Europe (although I can't use it *in* Europe), and I have a phone number.

The phone number I was given was 00 33 01 and some numbers after that. How do I make this call from my phone? France's country code is 33, and the city code for Paris is 1, so I do dial 003301 then the rest, or 2003301 etc. or 03301 etc.? I can't figure it out. I've tried a bunch of these, although when I start with 2003301, it gives me a weird tone and disconnects me.
    Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

You have to drop the 0 from the start of the French number.
    So: 00331... the rest.

Comment

dial 003301 then the rest
      CSPA

Comment

Or +33 and drop the prefix 0 on the French number will do if you use a mobile
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

yeah maybe drop the 0 good idea
          CSPA

Comment

How do you call France from the UK?
            Land of greasy frogs, place of stripey-topped, onion-necked surrenderers. That is how
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Go to Dover and shout really loudly.

Comment

SOOOOOOEY! Here, pig, pig soooey! Sooey!
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No, that only works in Texas. Although what you do with all the Oklahomans who arrive is beyond me.

Comment

Like this: Frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

It's a long way over the Channel.

Comment

You'd be better off using semaphore.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                        No, that only works in Texas. Although what you do with all the Oklahomans who arrive is beyond me.
                        I say build the fence/wall on the north side. At least the Mexican's are damn good lawncare and roofers.
                        Oklahoman's just don't have a whole lot going on.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                          Actually that is the mating call of the Arkansas Razorback.
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

As others have said if the French number starts with an 0 eg 01 for Paris, you drop the 0 when dialing from abroad. 00 says dial internationally, 33 says dial france, 1 is the city code for Paris so the number starts:

00 33 1
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                              As others have said if the French number starts with an 0 eg 01 for Paris, you drop the 0 when dialing from abroad. 00 says dial internationally, 33 says dial france, 1 is the city code for Paris so the number starts:

00 33 1
                              Funny that, only you and the duke were of help...yet there were so many posts in this thread...
                              Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Working...
                              X