No announcement yet.

20 Best Excuses for Calling in Sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in my curent job first i called in cause i had the flu for real. I showed up and got sent home then i called in cause my apt almost burned down. The charge nurse tells me u call in a lot, I told her this is my second time in 5 months and i dont have a home to go to right now so i hardly think i can get to work. Best excuse i used and it was at a job 4 years ago was i cant come to work cause i am being aressted. the boss tells me i will be fired if i dont show. I told her well if u can convince this cop to let me show ill be there and handed the phone to the cop. I was being arrested for tickets i didnt pay. the cop tells my boss i am going to jail and gives her the badge nmber and phone. I didnt get fired though which was good news
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Forgive my spelling.... but you could tell your boss that the stupid FROOKER that you are suffering from that *&^*ing condition that dem moronic &%^wits call turets syndrome
      "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
      "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Originally posted by atomant
        Forgive my spelling.... but you could tell your boss that the stupid FROOKER that you are suffering from that *&^*ing condition that dem moronic &%^wits call turets syndrome

I like that but i am sure that would get us all fired. Unless We can have a CERTIFABLE Physician to gives us a doctors note explaining this disorder....
        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
        "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
        Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
          if you don't mind, what kind of stuff was it? now you got me kind of concerned (and I am socially inept ). I work for a very friendly company, and I do put my arms around women sometimes- though they started it . I have never hugged unless I've been hugged first.
          The first guy was shy and there were some nights where he worked late, and a girl in a cube across the aisle did too sometimes. She was pleasant to him which made him think she might like him. So he'd go over to her cube and chat every now and then. Obviously she wasn't interested in his chats but was too nice to tell him so. So she went to HR and complained. Once I got involved I agreed to move his cube to farther away and I HAD TO TELL HIM the girl wasn't interested. How embarrassing for the poor guy. He really did nothing wrong, but he has a complaint in his personel file. The guy is your typical nerd so it freaked her. ALL She would have had to say was not to bother her, and he wouldn't have. (proved because when I finally told him, he never talked to her again) He was not a stalker.

The other guy was you typical macho hispanic guy that always tried to come into contact in elevators or in the corridor. Simple stuff like brushing up against them, putting his hand on their back directing them off the elevator. All very marginal crap. No hugging or hard contact. I had to constantly remind him, NO CONTACT. MARGINAL IS BAD, He thought it was all innocent but HR thought differently. He finally listened too me after HR got involved. He was a good looking kid, but he had a way to high opinion of himself.

You must be careful. Almost anything can be misconstrued. While the real inocent stuff won't get you sued, it can be brought to HR's attention to be dealt with. You don't need that kind of stuff in your permenant file.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

At one ad agency, our female media director was told that the whole department would have to go to a "sexual harassment" seminar by one of the male HR geeks... and she responded, "come on over and sit in my lap honey, and we can talk about it"

And she was being serious...
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I guess it's obvious why her department had to go.
              She'll probably have to repeat the course.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ultimately, none of us took the class... it was written off as a waste of time... Later, in a department wide meeting, she told us we didn't need a seminar on the topic since we were already pros at it
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

One of the girls I work with has used "my car is frozen shut" and "my friend is in labor" as excuses not to come to work....

my boss needs a sexual harrasment course. he chews gum and stares at every girl that walks by. there's a new girl in accounting and whenever he sees her he makes grunting noises.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

He sounds like a right charmer
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                      One of the girls I work with has used "my car is frozen shut" and "my friend is in labor" as excuses not to come to work....

my boss needs a sexual harrasment course. he chews gum and stares at every girl that walks by. there's a new girl in accounting and whenever he sees her he makes grunting noises.
                      how does chewing gum effect things?

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

it's annoying
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X