No announcement yet.

20 Best Excuses for Calling in Sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you what? I make a habit of not showing up at uni for being "sick". well, I don't even make the call, I just miss out

Comment

That's uni. You can not turn up at all and no-one will care.

Try doing that and asking for your paycheck....
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I was off a couple of times last year, I had a period where I was feeling really run down and just had some stinking headaches and nausea...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Actually I've been off sick today, have been feeling pretty crap (it's one of the problems of working shifts - if I was on days I'd be able to struggle in, but at 5am, it's far harder). It's given me time to thing though...very dangerous
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

What do you mean by that?

It's given me time to think - dangerous

You said something similar on the other thread. How is it dangerous?

Comment

See the other thread
              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Having been a boss for a long time, I've probably heard most of them. Including quite a few from that list. One guy was arrested mistakenly.

The only difference between a vacation day and a sick day is the sound fxs.

My favorites were all from the same girl.
                Imagination was never lacking from that one.

1.My boyfriend got into a fight in a bar last night and had his finger bit off. I've got it in my refig and I have to bring it into the hospital for them to re-attach today.

2. My cat is stuck in my dashboard and i have to take it to the mechanics before she starves to death.

3. My grandmother got hit by a car and my parents are at Sybaris where they have no phone so i have to drive over there and tell them. (like you'd want to walk in on your parents there)

Fortunately most companies are moving to Personal days instead of sick days.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

"I rolled on the floor laughing at rah's sick note stories, and injured my tibia on the table leg. See you next week."

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                    The only difference between a vacation day and a sick day is the sound fxs.
                    True
                    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

rah, at what point did you fire her?

Comment

When she claimed she had a lazy eye, two lazy arms and a lazy butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                          rah, at what point did you fire her?
                          She knew company policy very well and didn't exceed occurances during the time periods, so I couldn't touch her on those. (such joy working for large corporations that have rules like that) But she slipped up (which suprised me) when one Friday she announced that whe was going to be sick next wednesday and wouldn't be in. I could fire psychics.

TOAST
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

No official warning system?

Go American employment law
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

There was a warning system. But as long as you didn't exceed 4 occurances in a calender year, it was OK. The worst thing was days weren't counted just occurances. And you didn't need a doctors note unless it was longer than three days, so you were encouraged if you took a sick day to take the next two. It was the stupidest sick policy I ever had to administer. They have since switched to personal days with a set number of days.

My current company also does personal days and at the end of the year pays you 1/2 pay for days you didn't use, so you're actually encouraged to show up for work.
                              Yes, many people consider them extra vacation days but I have no problem with that. Quite a few people save as many as possible for that extra check in January. A much better policy.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So what is the deal with these 'personal days'?
                                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                                X