Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people in other forums, always so mean to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are people in other forums, always so mean to me?

I find you all a relatively nice alternative. What am I so out of touch with social skills that I come across badly? Or is it that I can't relate to people in their teens, what are you thoughts, and no I'm not going to link you to my latest incident, I feel really bad too.
    "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

stfu noob
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Re: Why are people in other forums, always so mean to me?

Originally posted by Thorn
      I find you all a relatively nice alternative. What am I so out of touch with social skills that I come across badly? Or is it that I can't relate to people in their teens, what are you thoughts, and no I'm not going to link you to my latest incident, I feel really bad too.
      Clearly, you've been coddled. Go to the Stardestroyer.net forums, they have strict rules about civilized behavior over there.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

It is just this is yet another of a string of my internet failures at other forums.... I'm beginning to think that people just naturally don't like me.

Comment

internet failures
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Wait... we're nice to you?

Damn.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Compared to everyone else, YES!!!

Comment

Most people on the internet are jerks, since they're anonymous and they're obviously not off doing something good like building a Habitat for Humanity house or curing cancer.

Meet people in your city. People are more obligated to be nice to you in person, anyways. The Internet gives every pimply 35 year old "mom's basement nerd" his own balls (but they're only worth anything to other pimplies.)
                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                  Most people on the internet are jerks,
                  Simplified.

Seriously, Thorn, nearly every other forum I've ever visited is populated by raging idiots. The only other forum I seriously invested any time win was the modding forums over at Paradox, and kept well away from the OT. This place is special. Cherish it and don't let the bastards get you down.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

It's because they don't understand you like we do, baby.
                    B♭3

Comment

This forum is a thousandfold times more superior to any other OT that I have been to, including CivFanatics.

Partially because Banana >>> Radioactive Monkey.
                      "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                      "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                      Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Thorn. one of the reasons why I like this hellhole is that you need to pass an intellegence test to enter - you have mastered to play SMAC/X or CivX at a level that makes you want more. If you can that, then you are a bit from Che's raging idiots and can make sensible statements - even in OT.

There are several people here with their own opinion that doesn't "fit", but they all argue for their point of view and the others are pretty nice to us. Well, they have to - their points of view is usually also skewed )
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yes but there is always the watchful eye of MING!! to watch out for...... lol, I'm trying to make myself feel better, but I'm pretty poor at that lately.....

Boyfriend's trial begins in february, he's trying to plea down........ I think it is rediculous NC has a 3 strikes law, 3 felonies and the life in prison, my BF is charged with 2 simply for stealing money (which he didn't do btw), I mean he goes out throws a banna peel out on federal property they would put him away for life... what is it with this psychotic country putting non-violent people in jail, and letting killers and child molesters free, I DON"T UDERSTAND!!! sigh.......

Comment

Hey btw, has anyone had any Ming sightings lately?

Comment

Yup, the evil Ming is watching us, but actually he is quite cuddly - maybe because he doesn't have that much to do.

Anyway, you are not really pissed on the other forums - it's your boyfriends situation that worries you ?

If he didn't steal that money, then why worry ?
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X