No announcement yet.

Hey, Saras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really understand what you mean. Spending more than producing in essence means there's a trade balance deficit (as the shortfall is imported) but it's not the first year the US has one. What has (uniquely?) been negative in the 2nd and 3rd quarter of 2005 is aggregate net saving, where the surplus of net saving in the corporate sector failed to make up for the deficits in the households en gov't sectors.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Saras
      So, you want an account agreement?
      Just spill the beans and tell us which Latvian stocks are going to be killer in 2006.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Actually, it's everything: government, business, and consumer consumption exceeded our total production for the first time in our history. We've never done that before. Yes, our government has spent more than it takes in for quite some time, and our consumers have been spending more than they make, but business was always profitable enough to still put us in the positive.
        Well, welcome to hell US of A.
        As Lenin always said (according to DinoDoc) - death to bloodsucking parasites!

Comment

Originally posted by Serb

death to bloodsucking parasites!
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

But...

Wasn't Lenin a bloodsucking parasite?

Comment

Chegitz: you might also want to consider the good old Canadian dollar for the sake of diversification. The price of natural ressources (not only energy, but also the others) is bound to rise, with China and all evolving towards evil consumerism.
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I thought the revolution comes soon, and then we don't need no money anymore.
                Blah

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                  But...

Lenin was a lawyer, silly...oh wait
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

But he was.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                      But...

No, he was a mastermind.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                        $300 every week sounds like a normal leftist left over.
                        Funny, it's pretty much my entire wage (300€ a week for a full time job).

But then again, I'm not a lefty, duh.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Colon
                          I don't really understand what you mean.

I miswrote, dangit.

"In 2005 for the first time on record consumer, business, and government spending exceeded the total income of the country. Net national savings actually fell.

America can consume more than it produces only if foreigners supply the difference. China recently announced that it intends to diversify its foreign exchange holdings away from the US dollar. If this is not merely a threat in order to extort even more concessions from Bush, Americans' ability to consume will be brought up short by a fall in the dollar's value as China ceases to be a sponge that is absorbing an excessive outpouring of dollars. Oil producing countries might follow China's lead." -- Paul Craig Roberts (a libertarian)
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                            Funny, it's pretty much my entire wage (300€ a week for a full time job).

It's my wife's paycheck. We've always talked about saving money, but never have before. Wish we had, cuz it woulda really helped during the hard times, and maybe kept my credit rating to the point where we could be buying a place to live rather than renting.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

you guys are nuts to think that if you invest in a foreign country and the US economy collapses that you will be any better off than if you just had it in america. maybe marginally, but not siginifcantly.
                              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

The mechanics are also going to be more complicated than you realise:

Money laundering rules mean that European banks are unlikely to want non-resident customers

SEC regulations will make direct overeas investments difficult

US banks will probably offer Euro denominated accounts but with a large minimum deposit (and conversion fees would be expensive)
                                "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

Working...
                                X