I am thinking of making a blog about evolution/ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am thinking of making a blog about evolution/ID

But this blog's main theme in this debate would be theistic evolution. You just don't really see that side of the debate in the media so I thought it might be fun to do. Anyone think it would be interesting/worth it? And would anyone like to contribute maybe?
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Theistic evolution? And what variety of Christian apologism would that be?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Comment

Apo, I doubt it, but I can contribute in other ways. I can tell you a story about how I once called a prostitute from a payphone. (true story).
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

God, no.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
            Apo, I doubt it, but I can contribute in other ways. I can tell you a story about how I once called a prostitute from a payphone. (true story).
            You should borrow a mate's mobile to make those kind of calls. Especially if its 3G.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
              Catholic/Episcopal/Orthodox
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

The reason it doesn't get discussion is that there's nothing to discuss. Theistic evolution isn't at all scientific in nature, it's just a religious spin on an established scientific concept. The familiar argument that "many scientists believe that life is so complex..." fades to nothing when you consider that

A. You can dig up supporters with PhDs for just about any nutty position imaginable, including Scientology's Narconon program and numerous conspiracy theories,
                B. The ideas of ID add nothing of practical significance to evolution (it boils down to the same bloody thing),
                C. The number of scientists supporting ID is still in the definite minority, and
                D. Many scientists believe that chocolate is better than vanilla, yet the Superiority of Cocoa Theorem is not taught in any classroom just because it is not a scientifically testable belief.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Well, there are a lot of pro-evolution, or pro-ID ones out there but I really can't find one pro-TE

Comment

What's the difference between TE and ID?
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Well, theistic evolution is basically God started the big bang (this theory was actually started by Catholics) and then let evolution run it's course except for a few things like putting souls in humans. But aside from that it's pretty much just straight evolution.

Comment

Evolution makes few claims to how life begins, and none about the universe. I wonder why the ID people don't go take on the phycists as well....
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                          Evolution makes few claims to how life begins, and none about the universe. I wonder why the ID people don't go take on the phycists as well....
                          They don't even bother to read they textbooks they want to rewrite.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                            Why don't you have a blog?

Comment

So apparently no one really likes the idea?

Comment

Working...
                              X