Americans - a bunch of Germans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hilarious picture.

am I the only one turned on by that chick?

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
      hilarious picture.

am I the only one turned on by that chick?
      Is there any girl that doesn't turn you on?
      The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
        Look what happens to the American in trainspotting.
        yes?

Comment

he is right, that chick is definitely hot
          I need a foot massage

Comment

I don't feel as weird now.

did I mention I was german though? and all germans are weird.

I'lm also drunk, though that doesn' affect my wierd status.

Comment

moved to more appropriate thread
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Yup. Look at Minnesota. Not a single Swedish county.

Suppose a county in Minnesota was 40% German, 25% Norwegian, 35% Swedish. It would show up as a German county.
                Are there really that many "Swedes" there? I was in Minnesota and the Dakotas 2 years ago. There were traces of German and Norwgian settlers all over the place, but we didn't see a lot of Swedish stuff.

Minnesota:
                According to the 2002 U.S. Census, the largest reported ancestries are German (36.7%), Norwegian (17.2%), Irish (11.2%), and English (6.3%).

North Dakota:
                The five largest ancestry groups in North Dakota are: German (43.9%), Norwegian (30.1%), Irish (7.7%), Native American (5%), Swedish (5%).

South Dakota:
                The five largest ancestry groups in South Dakota are: German (40.7%), Norwegian (15.3%), Irish (10.4%), Native American (8.3%), English (7.1%).

Maybe most of the Swedes went somewhere else, or maybe they're pretending to be Norwegian.
                CSPA

Comment

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Why is a place like Tärnaby (population 548) included on that map when hundreds of bigger communities are? It's not even the biggest community in its county.
                    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                      http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/history/...migration.html
                      thanks, interesting stuff

from one of those links it looks like the highest percentage of swedish ancestry in a minnesota county is 17.7%
                      CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                        Why is a place like Tärnaby (population 548) included on that map when hundreds of bigger communities are? It's not even the biggest community in its county.
                        it's the home town of teh Ingemar Stenmark!
                        CSPA

Comment

California

White 47.4%
                          Hispanic/Latino 32.4%
                          Asian 11.0% 11.4%
                          Black 6.5% 6.3%
                          Two or More Races 1.9%
                          Native American and Inuit 0.5%
                          Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander 0.3%

Whites are now the largest minority. Of course many of those "latinos" are really just white so you wouldn't know it walking down the street.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Japher is from Cincinnati and has a Van surname and thinks he's dutch. Dutch = Deutsch. Cincinnati seems more German than some German cities.

Okay, maybe he IS dutch but a whole lot of vons became vans if you know what I mean. Throughout Ohio, according to the Census, just 200,000 dutch versus almost 3 million German descendents...

there are 3 million of Canadian ancestry in the US - more than 3/4 of which are French-Canadian. There are far more people claiming French-Canadian ancestry in the US than Ontario or New Brunswick... or even Quebec! (based on the somewhat dubious Canadian census, where "French" "Acadian" and "Quebecois" combined still totals less than 2.2 million, but there are 4.9 million "Canadians" ...

Tere are also more "Germans" in Ohio than in all of Canada...
                            Best MMORPG on the net: www.cyberdunk.com?ref=310845

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. -Gandhi

Comment

do you know if there is a similar map for canada somewhere?
                              CSPA

Comment

I'd like to know what those "Other" counties are in Massachusetts, Maine, and Pennsylvania (and North Carolina?)

Also, I love the fact that there's a little Irish enclave in the middle of Texas Mexican territory.
                                "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                                ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
                                X