No announcement yet.

NHL Fantasy League - Game On - Episode VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giguere has lost it! The Oilers should on the PP to start the game against LA.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Another goal to rub it in.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• 6 3 8:50 5 V. VISHNEVSKI 5:00 Boarding (maj)
        7 3 8:50 5 V. VISHNEVSKI 10:00 Game misconduct
        8 3 9:13 27 S. NIEDERMAYER 2:00 Cross check
        9 3 10:17 35 J. GIGUERE 2:00 Roughing
        10 3 10:45 35 J. GIGUERE 10:00 Misconduct (10 min)
        11 3 10:45 35 J. GIGUERE 2:00 Tripping
        12 3 10:45 35 J. GIGUERE 2:00 Roughing

I'm surprised they didn't give him a game.

He skated out to attack Smyth, twice after two different stoppages.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)

Comment

• Damn, I missed it!
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Smyth whacked his stick on the goal which resulted in the first penalty at the same time of the game.

Giguere skated way out to go after him.

On the subsequent whistle he did the same, but wasn't being restrained by linesmen, so he did more, and got more penalties.

I'd be surprised if the league doesn't hand down several games. The tripping was a hack from behind with the goal stick on Smyth's knees.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

• Smyth wasn't close to being in the crease in either case.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

• Wish he had that blowout when I played Guy...
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• This is just awesome: http://www.cpshl.ca/forum/uploads/chelios.wmv

Samuel L. Jackson as a youth hockey coach...

Comment

• (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

• Yahoo still doesn't have Rolston's two goals from Tuesday.
                      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                        This is just awesome: http://www.cpshl.ca/forum/uploads/chelios.wmv

Samuel L. Jackson as a youth hockey coach...

Comment

• I heard on the radio today that the Oil made a trade. I thought "It's about time they got a goalie! Their defense needs work."

Then I find out this is the trade:

Oilers acquire Tarnstrom from Penguins
                          Dick Tarnstrom

Dick Tarnstrom

Canadian Press

1/26/2006 4:15:18 PM

LOS ANGELES (CP) - The Edmonton Oilers hope they have found the offensive blue-liner they've been looking for after acquiring Dick Tarnstrom from the Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday in exchange for forward Jani Rita and defenceman Cory Cross.

Tarnstrom, who turned 31 last week, had a career-high 52 points (16-36) in 2003-04 with the Pens but lost his spot as the top offensive point man in Pittsburgh after Sergei Gonchar was signed last summer.

Tarnstrom has only 10 points (5-5) in 33 games this season while sporting a minus-10 rating on the struggling Penguins.

He also put up 41 points (7-34) in 61 games in 2002-03. For his career, he has 31 goals and 91 assists in 236 games with Pittsburgh and the New York Islanders. Tarnstrom is earning $1.6 million US this season and will be an unrestricted free agent July 1.

Rita, 24, was Edmonton's first pick, 13th overall, in the 1999 NHL entry draft. He had three goals in 21 games this season and has struggled to crack the full-time lineup. He has six goals and one assist in 36 career games in the NHL. Rita is making the minimum $450,000 this season and will be a restricted free agent this summer.

Cross, 35, had two goals, three assists and a minus-5 rating in 34 games this season. The 12-year NHL veteran has 33 goals, 95 assists and 663 penalty minutes in 637 NHL games with Edmonton, the New York Rangers, Toronto and Tampa Bay. He's earning $874,000 this season and has another year left on his deal at $912,000 for 2006-07.
                          K-Lo is a moron. Edmonton's first weakpoint is their goaltending, their second weakpoint is their defense. They don't have an offensive problem, getting an offensive defensemen seems kind of stupid to me.

Comment

• The TSN guys predicted this during the game last night. Their thinking is that the goalie will come, but later.
                            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Another Oil trade, equally insignificant, this time with Chicago: Jaroslav Spacek for Tony Salmelainen

Also, I guess Sutter got mighty pissed at Sauve for his performance. He didn't pull him, instead he put Sauve on waivers. He cleared waivers today, and Curtis McElhinney has been recalled from Omaha to back Kipper up in tonight's game against Chicago.

Comment

• aw Rico Sauve
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X