No announcement yet.

NHL Fantasy League - Game On - Episode VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this rate, Toskala is going in soon.

2 goals on 3 shots on Nabokov.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
      At this rate, Toskala is going in soon.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• To be fair to Nabokov, "G. PARROS" is an elite scorer at even strength...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• LA is not really doing much to get at Nabokov

I don't think Toskala is going to get in this game
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
              Imran's full of ****. There are slight tactical differences between the trap employed by the Devils last season and the classic "trap" but from the games I watched, the systems were much more the same than they were different.

The Devils play **** hockey and always have. Don't know what they're doing this season, though.
              Please .

If you widely define the 'trap' to be cutting off passing lines and trying to force you to come up the sides of the ice instead of up the middle, then you can just about define everyone like that (and didn't Asher's link basically call Detroit's "left wing lock" to be a trap system?!). If you are coming in with 2 forecheckers, it isn't the trap.

The trap is a 1-2-2 system where the forechecker's job is to get you to the side boards where the other 4 skaters in the neutral zone will block passing lanes. When you have more than 1 forechecker, you don't have it.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I would consider the left-wing lock to be a trap system, but not "the trap". It's more like a cousin, I think.

They both arose at the same point in time for the same purpose (slowing the Russians in the 60s and 70s).

Swedes gave birth to the trap, the Czechs the lock...

Comment

• Are we getting to the point where every defensive strategy is going to be called a 'trap'?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Are we getting to the point where every defensive strategy is going to be called a 'trap'?
                    For people who don't understand the X's and O's of hockey... yes.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      Are we getting to the point where every defensive strategy is going to be called a 'trap'?
                      No. Defensive styles that are designed on cutting off passing lanes and generating turnovers are called a "trap".

Like the LW Lock and The Trap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
                        LA is not really doing much to get at Nabokov

I don't think Toskala is going to get in this game
                        You could always try to pick up a goalie that is likely to play tomorrow.
                        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• all taken

and not worth it unless I'm going to win the goalie stats, which I probably wouldn't have anyways

the worst part though, is that I'm probably going to get a loss for shutouts, even though you didn't have any
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• For which I thank you.
                            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• It amazes me there are so many Leaf fans. No other team has been as consistently medicore as they are.

Comment

• I think the main problem is Toronto has zero good defensive defensemen...

Comment

Working...
                                X