Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naaah, manslaughter.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Lying to Parliament is next! Lying to the press is easy, and might get you into small bother, but you won't get impeached for it. It would be pretty hypocritical of most MPs to even suggest that he drank too much, whether in Parliament or not.
      But I'm sure that some wiseacres will make great capital out of this in Parliament in the weeks to come.
      I did have to laugh when Lembit Opik ruled himself out of a challenge for the leadership. The only MP I've ever met, and a prize buffoon to boot! Who the hell would vote for him?

Comment

The name says it all Duke, Lembit Opik??????

Comment

Is that the geeky looking youngster with the glasses - the one who confesed his belief in UFO's(from out of space)? IF so his name is what? a star in some far flung corner of the galaxy?

And i agree with thinking Charles Kennedy is a decent politician, but not one i'd ever envision in number 10. sadly i dont think much of the other supposed hopefulls either - time to bring back paddy ashdown?
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Yes, that's Opik. I met him in a jazz bar (that's the music, not the dancers ) several years ago, and he wasn't that impressive at defending any of the Lib Dems' policies, even though the majority questioning him were sympathetic to the party, and knew them quite well.

Comment

I've always thought the Lib Dems have it easy when it comes to policy decisions, I mean they can promise what they like - they know they'll never have to implement them!

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                I've always thought the Lib Dems have it easy when it comes to policy decisions, I mean they can promise what they like - they know they'll never have to implement them!
                ...not until after the 2006 elections.

BTW: The Blues run such states as California and New York, and those states seem to be a lot more prosperous that Red states like Mississippi and Montana.

Comment

This thread is surreal.

Where are all the Lib Dems shouting Liar now?
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                    I would've never thought drinking could be an actual liability in British politics.
                    QFT
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Two leadership candidates now exposed as lying homosexuals!

Former Liberal Democrat leadership challenger Mark Oaten has stood down as the party's home affairs spokesman over an alleged affair with a rent boy.

Liberal Democrat leadership contender Simon Hughes has explained why he admitted having gay relationships.

The 54-year-old MP said in Thursday's Sun that in the past he had had relationships with both women and men.

Mr Hughes was elected to Parliament in 1983 in a bitter by-election battle in Bermondsey against gay Labour candidate Peter Tatchell.

In one election leaflet, the Liberals presented him as the "straight choice" .
                      BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Three out of four of the most senior party members now exposed as drunks, visitors of male prosititutes, and a lying bisexual.

Party destruction
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

two steps forward one step back. its the liberal democrat way.
                        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

More like no steps forward, three steps back
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Politicians still have to lie about banging boys in Britain? Rednecks.

And to Pax for some quality entertainment.
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Well, politics is all about compromise. If that means compromising your own reputation, so be it.

Comment

What is sad is that he once ran a brutal homophobic campaign against a gay opponent.

Closet gays
                                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X