Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli iz hiz own azz

Comment

To this day someone believes that Eli has a ghost .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If you work in IT and look authoritative as you babble nonsense technical phrases, most wil believe you know what you're doing.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

There's an old mainframe term "interblock gap" that we always used on customers in front of other techs. Whenever anybody used it, we had to try not to break out laughing, while our customers would nod their heads pretending to understand what we were talking about.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Me and my best friend in college both came from James Bay, where the hydro projects created huge lakes. We used to team up, him saying that these lakes were so big that they'd actually almost caused the earth to tip over. That's when i'd come in and tell the audience that fortunately a deal had been struck with Australia to prevent this from happening. Canada had sent a team of geologists and mining/drilling over to Oz and we had been replacing the interior of Ayers rock with iron as the new lakes were being filled in order to keep the balance.

There's one born every minute.
            What?

Comment

just enviromental stuff here in the OT
              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Yeah, global warming
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sometimes I start conversations with people in the middle. I'll go up to a friend and say something like "How do you think SHE felt?"
                  "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                  ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                  "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

i once had a girl i worked with convinced that my labret piercing was added in during post production by computers.
                    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

TEF, I have similar strategy if talking with strangers and I have to join, I usually blurt something or something that is quite embarrasing, just to break the ice. I don't mind, I'm not ashamed of myself but I do feel great joy when they are embarrased with me and I'm not, and *BAM!* there's something you can talk about.. 'oh man that was embarrasing, don't you hate it when...' that's my started if I can't come up with anything normal.

Works every time.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                        TEF, I have similar strategy if talking with strangers and I have to join, I usually blurt something or something that is quite embarrasing, just to break the ice. I don't mind, I'm not ashamed of myself but I do feel great joy when they are embarrased with me and I'm not, and *BAM!* there's something you can talk about.. 'oh man that was embarrasing, don't you hate it when...' that's my started if I can't come up with anything normal.

Works every time.
                        THAT WAS YOU??!?!
                        What?

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka

Oh man, it was embarrassing when I was caught by the cops after having broken into an adult store and when I had availed myself of some of their products.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            Hell, I do it all the time here .
                            it's very apparant you do so.

Comment

A bunch of US college kids were looking at Dali work in a special display in Venice. There was some famous stuff like his statue of the woman with drawers built into her being supported by stick crutches at certain places. There was also the statue of Mercury landing lightly upon a snail. I started talking about how that one was an allegory for the triumph of private enterprise over government bureaucracy. Fedex vs. USPS (snail mail). I saw a bunch of them starting to nod until my wife burst out laughing (she saw them nod too).
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                              X