Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it me, or are movies not funny anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    I think someone missed the point of "Not Another Teen Movie".
    You're right. I should not have included NATM in the list since it was a parody of teen movies.
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Dodgeball. Good clean sophmoric humour.

Getting hit in the crotch with a ball works on so many levels.
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Plus a suck-the-chrome-off-a-trailer-hitch joke thrown in for good measure, always a winner!

Ben Stiller > Adam Sandler > Paulie Shore

No, that isn't damning with faint praise, I mean it sincerely...
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Congratulations To University of Texas Longhorns. National College Football Champions 2006.
          Hook 'Em Horns!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

If Texans paid less attention to hick sports, they may read more. Reading more would provide you with better reading comprehension, and would make it more likely for you to post your hick-sports stupid posts in the correct thread.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
              Part of the problem is that more and more movie humor is "bathroom humor" instead of being clever. We get movies like American Pie, Dukes of Hazzard, Sex and the Teenage Mind, Dude where's my car, Not another teen movie, 40 days and 40 nights, etc that just go for the lame teen sex joke.
              I did like American Pie though. And AP2 was okay. But after that, it pretty much sucked.

Comment

And how the hell Ben Stiller has a career as anything other than a small-town news reporter, I will never understand.
                Watching movies with him in them make me want to gouge out my eyes. Actually, I just tend to flee (and go play Civ).

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Flirting With Disaster was hilarious. Though Ben Stiller was one of the weaker points of the movie. Alan Alda's family is what made the film work.

Comment

I finally got around to watching 40 year old virgin.

That movie is friggin' hilarious. It slowed down a bit in the last 1/3. But that was good in a way, because my throat was hurting from laughing so much. I love raunchy comedy. But I liked this better than most because it was from an adult perspective, and not a teen perspective. I'm tired of teen raunch comedies.

I highly recommend this film.

What about Wedding Crashers, is this movie any good? Is there a lot of raunchy comedy in it?

Comment

less so than 40 yr old virgin, and its not quite as explicit
                      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Eh, Dis, how do breasts feel like?
                        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Like bags of... sand.

Dis . I told you that you'd love "The 40 Year Old Virgin". That movie is great .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'll see The party, with Peter Sellars, shortly. That should be good!

Speaking of Peter Sellars, anyone saw the trailer for the remake of the Pink panther, with Steve Martin playing Inspector Clouseau?
                            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
                              Eh, Dis, how do breasts feel like?
                              they all feel like silicone.

all my exerience comes from strip clubs and brothels.

Comment

Working...
                              X