• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Magazine declares nBSG #1 TV show of '05

Time Magazine sez

1-
    Battlestar Galactica
    (Sci Fi)

Most of you probably think this entry has got to be a joke. The rest of you have actually watched the show. Adapted from a cheesy '70s Star Wars clone of the same name, Galactica (returning in January) is a ripping sci-fi allegory of the war on terror, complete with religious fundamentalists (here, genocidal robots called Cylons), sleeper cells, civil-liberties crackdowns and even a prisoner-torture scandal. The basic-cable budget sometimes shows in the production, but the writing and performances are first-class, especially Edward James Olmos as the noble but authoritarian commander in charge of saving the last remnants of humanity. Laugh if you want, but this story of enemies within is dead serious, and seriously good.

Mmm.....evil robots.
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

So say we all.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I shold get the DvDs..

I just can't make myself watch TV weekly anymore

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

How does HBO's Rome not make this list?

CBS's How I Met Your Mother?

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

My top ten from 2005:

1. Rome (HBO)
            2. Sleeper Cell (Showtime)
            3. Over There (FX)
            4. Rescue Me (FX)
            5. House (Fox)
            6. 24 (Fox)
            7. Wanted (TNT)
            8. NCIS (CBS)
            9. The Office (NBC)
            10. South Park (Comedy Central)

Rome and Sleeper Cell were just amazing. (oh and I have both HBO and Showtime now, so you anti-downloading morons can STFU )

I'm enjoying The Colbert Report, but I gotta give South Park props because it is coming back with another strong season. Episodes like "Ginger Kids", "Trapped In The Closet" and "Free Willzyx" prove that even after nine seasons, Parker and Stone still have it.

Over There and Rescue Me are two great FX shows... although I'm saddened that Over There was cancelled. I guess the public just didn't want to see a show about Iraq, despite the rave reviews it was getting.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's about time that the squares caught on to the trend.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                It's about time that the squares caught on to the trend.
                No Kidding.

Hope Adama hands Admiral Cain her ass in January.
                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                  CBS's How I Met Your Mother?

One reason:

Dougie (****ing) Houser [aka, Neil Patrick Harris]. He makes the show. Without him it sucks (though the woman who plays the reporter is SMOKING HOT!).
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

it sucks
                    I agree
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Never saw the new version.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                        My top ten from 2005:

1. Rome (HBO)
                        2. Sleeper Cell (Showtime)
                        3. Over There (FX)
                        4. Rescue Me (FX)
                        5. House (Fox)
                        6. 24 (Fox)
                        7. Wanted (TNT)
                        8. NCIS (CBS)
                        9. The Office (NBC)
                        10. South Park (Comedy Central)

Rome and Sleeper Cell were just amazing. (oh and I have both HBO and Showtime now, so you anti-downloading morons can STFU )

I'm enjoying The Colbert Report, but I gotta give South Park props because it is coming back with another strong season. Episodes like "Ginger Kids", "Trapped In The Closet" and "Free Willzyx" prove that even after nine seasons, Parker and Stone still have it.

Over There and Rescue Me are two great FX shows... although I'm saddened that Over There was cancelled. I guess the public just didn't want to see a show about Iraq, despite the rave reviews it was getting.
                        Good to see someone besides the Mrs. and myself watch Rescue Me. It is the only show I regularly record so I can catch every episode.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Cue joncha and a picture of that guy from Bonanza wearing a sheet.
                          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

WITHOUT LORNE GREENE THERE IS NO BATTLESTAR GALACTICA!!!1

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

joncha -
                              What the hell is that contraption that person in your avatar is using?

Comment

Working...
                              X