Digital Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Camera

Anybody has one? I'm thinking of taking advantage of Boxing Day sales and buy my first one.

I have an idea of what I want - some friends of mine have this Casio model (will post detials later) but so far I cannot find those in stores. Just Kodak, Canon, HP, and the rest.

So I thought I'd ask you guys about yours - are you happy with yours?

I'm looking for something small that I can easily bring in my pocket. I used to take a lot of pictures but my old camera which I bought in 1993 (see, time for me to move on!) was too bulky so I stoped bringing it with me to parties and so on.

I don't need top of line. I'm sure 5 megapixels are good enough - I heard any more than that are really a waste of 'power' and are more suited for those in photography or digital media field. Sort of like buying an Alienware computer for only word processing, you know?

Anyway I gotta go - had only time to do a quickie posting. Will check again later and post more.

Meanwhile hope your day went spiffy! Despite some family crap, it was actually a pleasant day.
    Who is Barinthus?

Note: when buying a professional digital camera you should always pick either Canon or Kodak.

Canon EOS 350 D

I bought this little jewel a week ago, and it's worth every euro I spent for it. 800 euros with zoom included
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Why does it need all those protruding things, surely a normal rectanglular shape would be better?
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Note: when buying a professional digital camera you should always pick either Canon or Kodak.
        Kodak? No ****ing way.

Canon or Nikon.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Park Avenue
          Why does it need all those protruding things, surely a normal rectanglular shape would be better?
          There are reasons professional digital cameras have the same kind of shape and design, and compact cameras do not...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Well, the original poster kind of made it clear, not top of the line. Asher seems a bit of an elitist snob, probably has professional socks, professional nailclippers, and when he gets it, professional strength jock itch.

Comment

Yeah I'm looking for something more for causal/amatuer fun. If I was looking to become a professional photographer I'd consider buying expensive stuff and take time to learn how to use those properly.

But as good Capt pointed out, that's not what I'm looking for.

However I appreciate the information I knew I could depend on 'Poly folks
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dizle
                Well, the original poster kind of made it clear, not top of the line. Asher seems a bit of an elitist snob, probably has professional socks, professional nailclippers, and when he gets it, professional strength jock itch.
                I don't have a professional camera (I have a Canon S30), and I was responding to Datajack's comments about "professional cameras". That's what we call "context" -- notice the part that is "quoted" right before my comment.

No need to be such a tool, Jizzle.

Comment

Originally posted by Barinthus

Yeah I'm looking for something more for causal/amatuer fun. If I was looking to become a professional photographer I'd consider buying expensive stuff and take time to learn how to use those properly.

But as good Capt pointed out, that's not what I'm looking for.

However I appreciate the information I knew I could depend on 'Poly folks
                  What do you think of this one?

Tech Talk - Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Comment

it's Christmas time you all- be sweet and nice
                    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Yeah, but Datathreadjack's song about Pekka's mom was too cool Asher. Besides which, you know you are a snob.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dizle
                        Yeah, but Datathreadjack's song about Pekka's mom was too cool Asher. Besides which, you know you are a snob.
                        I'm not a snob, if I was a snob I'd make comments like "Opeth's music is twice as good as anything else released this year" like BustaMike did in the music thread.

You're just being an idiot and didn't comprehend the context of my comment, and now you're on your heels and being an ass for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

I'm not a snob, if I was a snob I'd make comments like "Opeth's music is twice as good as anything else released this year" like BustaMike did in the music thread.

You're just being an idiot and didn't comprehend the context of my comment, and now you're on your heels and being an ass for no reason.
                          Actually, you are right. I am just tweaking your nose out of boredom. But, it is such a long, patrician, snobish snotty snout.

Good for tweaking.

Comment

Ok what my friends had were of the EX-Z (zoom) line from Casio, you can find more at http://exilim.casio.com/

Now am going to read new posts on this thread
                            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Asher, thanks for the link. Those cameras do look nice.

One thing I liked about Exilim cameras are their 'anti-shake digital signal processor.' Basically it helps reduce the likehood of a picture coming out blurry due to hand movement or the subject moving. I've seen this in action so I like it. However I don't know if this is a common feature on other cameras?

One other feature I'm looking for is ability to take picture in various uhh settings? Such as black & white, sephia, and so on but it seems to me many brands have those features.

Will definitely have to take a look at Canon stuff as well
                              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Working...
                              X